BREAKING NEWS 🚨 Theo Corbeanu to leave SWFC

Totally unsurprised he’s leaving us. Wolves want to develop his attacking skills and we really weren’t playing him in a way that they presumably thought we would. I wish we’d given him a go in the middle along side Gregory to see how that went but looks like we will be stuck playing Berahino there. FFS. 

Just now, brando said:

What plans..? Dont appear to have any..

Exactly…Doesn’t keep fans in the picture…Even if he told fans he was looking to sell or not …it would be something… Fans would be more patient and understanding if they were kept updated……..But Chansiri says and does nothing … creating the toxic atmosphere around Hillsboro 

5 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Can’t help but feel this is a wasted opportunity all round 

To me it seemed like Corbeanu did a couple of good things and then ten rubbish things. His insistence on holding on to the ball longer than needed and cutting wastelessly inside was frustrating. The opposites often snuffed him out pretty easily

He did deliver some returns from his starts but it was only ever in fits and starts. I don’t think he ever put more than 45 mins performance togerher and now he’s lost the chance to really become a fixture infront of loads of fans at a big club this season 

Frlm our point of view we just haven’t got enough from him. He needed more opportunities and some latitude to make those errors and we just haven’t given him enough rope

He’s a good player and I’m sure he’ll go on to do well - but perhaps it was just wrong club, wrong player at the wrong time.

If we use the funding to get a good LB then it might not be a bad deal overall 

A run of 4 starts and he gets 2 goals and 2 assists.

Promptly dropped.

If given regular football its obvious what he was bringing.

Yes he got it wrong at times but those with more starts have many misplaced passes etc.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Can’t blame Corbeanu or Wolves for sending him elsewhere on loan. Got to feel for the lad when he’s sat on the bench after performing well in the previous game and seeing crap like Shodipo starting instead of him or NML who hadn’t played football in months. So so bad player management from Moore. 

Edited by WalthamOwl
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Can’t blame Corbeanu or Wolves for sending him elsewhere on loan. Got to feel for the lad when he’s sat on the bench after performing well in the previous game and seeing crap like Shodipo starting instead of him or NML who hadn’t played football in months. So so bad player management from Moore. 

Who played better v Shrewsbury, Corbeanu or NML?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Who played better v Shrewsbury, Corbeanu or NML?

1 game. Behave. Have you watched Corbeanu in the previous games he’s played? He had scored a couple of goals, assisted, created chances. Who else can do those things in the squad?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

For me, this is a reflection of the state of our club. While we have to rely on frees and loans, there will be plenty of player churn. Not a recipe for success unfortunately. Corbeanu looks bright, it’s a shame Moore couldn’t accommodate him. Losing him certainly adds pressure to an already injury hit, low scoring squad and I doubt Moore would have wanted to lose another body. I’m not too fussed though, it’s just another blip in a ridiculously bumpy downhill road supporting Wednesday.

1 hour ago, Luke said:

Goes with the territory to have yourself and your family abused on social media ?

I didn't read the rest because your first line was pure rubbish

My whole point was that given the list of things he’s done (I listed them but you didn’t read them) he’s going to get stick from fans.

I didn’t mention his family and to be fair neither did you in your post that I replied to.

Not sure why you’re bringing them into this, perhaps you thought I’d mentioned them but as you didn’t read my post you just guessed.

Bit conflicted on this.

On the one hand, Wolves can't tell us what formation to play, so if we aren't going to play with wingers, so be it. They have the right to recall him, and we shouldn't bend over backwards for them if it is at the detriment to what the team needs.

But on the other hand, this loan seems to have been badly mismanaged. One of the few players with pace and flair in our team. Yes, he lacked end product at times, but I feel we should have used him better as well.

And then on the third hand (there was something funny in the water where I grew up). I actually thought that his defensive play had been improving and he had seemed to develop into a more rounded player these past two months. Wolves play with wingbacks too (infact have put their best dribbler, Traore, out there on many occasions). He's played more often than not since he regained full fitness. So seems like a bit of a strange decision by Wolves?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Emerson Thome said:

Bit conflicted on this.

On the one hand, Wolves can't tell us what formation to play, so if we aren't going to play with wingers, so be it. They have the right to recall him, and we shouldn't bend over backwards for them if it is at the detriment to what the team needs.

But on the other hand, this loan seems to have been badly mismanaged. One of the few players with pace and flair in our team. Yes, he lacked end product at times, but I feel we should have used him better as well.

And then on the third hand (there was something funny in the water where I grew up). I actually thought that his defensive play had been improving and he had seemed to develop into a more rounded player these past two months. Wolves play with wingbacks too (infact have put their best dribbler, Traore, out there on many occasions). He's played more often than not since he regained full fitness. So seems like a bit of a strange decision by Wolves?

Good post this. I pointed out a while back that Wolves utilise their wingers as wing-backs and I'd imagine that was part of the development plan. Its the style they play.

It's a shame to see him go to another L1 club but there are other players out there, you just have to find them. It isn't the end of the world.

christ on a hovercraft, you have to laugh - it's as if someone at the club is hell bent on making everything as crap as possible, almost like some kind of weird controversial academic social experiment in mapping human tolerance limits.

If it helps, my seat on Kop could technically lose about another inch and a half of knee room before it's literally uninhabitable.

I now fully expect it to have been moved 1.499 inches further forward next time I sit in it.

lol

Why on earth did Moore sign him (or did he?) and then not play him. 

People were raving about Moore's preseason signings but how many have produced anything and have made any impression? 

Another example of our managers incompetence. 

Please just go Darren and leave us in peace. 

Please Mr Chansiri get a decent manager in and soon. 

My choice would be Alex Neil if he would come. 

• Like 4