BREAKING NEWS 🚨 Theo Corbeanu to leave SWFC

11 minutes ago, crookesowl said:

In our promotion season we had Antonio. We played him every game. He got us promoted. We get a player like Theo who could have done the same… and leave him in bench. 

Fiss off Wednesday and Moore. 

Absolutely fuming. 

Can you imagine what the reaction would  be to the news if we’d been playing Plymouth this Sat instead of next and conceding a couple of early goals ?

While I can appreciate why Moore went to 3 at the back it’s ruined the make up of the team. When we had those injuries he probably thought from a coaching point of view that if he didn’t have centre backs, he would put three players in there to make us more compact. As a coach myself I understood it but when you bought players in the summer to fit 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 then it was never going to work in the long term. Players like Corbeanu and Shodipo have been ruined by Moore.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, Owlabroad2001 said:

While I can appreciate why Moore went to 3 at the back it’s ruined the make up of the team. When we had those injuries he probably thought from a coaching point of view that if he didn’t have centre backs, he would put three players in there to make us more compact. As a coach myself I understood it but when you bought players in the summer to fit 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 then it was never going to work in the long term. Players like Corbeanu and Shodipo have been ruined by Moore.

If I became a coach would I understand football as well as you?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, malcolm said:

Play him as a winger and not a wingback and you'll have a good player on your hands. 

That’s the strange thing, we don’t play wingers, we don’t even have any wingers. We play that stupid 352 with wingbacks. Our LWB is pure poo though. But we do only have 2 strikers so may be coming in up top? No idea, strange move to me. 

“Theo’s had a fantastic experience up at Sheffield Wednesday, who have treated him brilliantly,” Jackson said. “But he has now an opportunity to go to MK Dons and get some regular game time until the end of the season, in a formation which is best suited for him.

For his football development, we believe this move is a really good option, but the decision was left to the player and after discussions with Theo and Sheffield Wednesday, we’ve come to an agreed plan.”

Speaks volumes unfortunately. Especially the bits in bold. Odd that we’d sign a player and seemingly not offer any of those things. 

Well it was a fun few months here! I didn't post a lot but I was given respect the few times I did. Thank you.

I wish you all nothing but the best, but I was only here for Theo (as a Wolves and Canada National Team fan). Still hope you guys get promoted, although I think your manager is very poor. 

Edited by Hawkguy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bukta said:

If I became a coach would I understand football as well as you?

Don’t know but since I started I believe I’ve improved my football knowledge, especially tactically. Whether, the same would work for you I don’t know. Everyone is different. Maybe you already have enough knowledge, I don’t know. Hope that helps.