BREAKING NEWS 🚨 Theo Corbeanu to leave SWFC

9 hours ago, Bigblueowl said:

If it frees us up to sign a centre half then so be it.

imo Mendez and Johnson are better wingers than Theo. 

Donig numerous step overs and generally getting a weak shot off isn't enough. I'd Much rather have somebody to get the ball onto gregorys nuggin. Theo doesn't do that.

Theo is decent but certainly not as good as he's been made out to be. He's greedy and weak.

Get a good centre half and play Mendez on the wing and we'll forget about Theo within a few games.

Marvin Johnson has offered hardly anything on the wing. He was extremely poor there earlier on in the season. 

NML WAS a good player, but we don’t know what he has left. 

Theo had 3 assists, and should have had many more. He put plenty of quality crosses in in the games that he played. Don’t you remember the Gillingham game, where 2 of his great crosses were squandered?

He’s proved to be the much better wide player of the three. 

Now we have to hope that NML does have something left. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, CourteenerOwl said:

How do we all think Theo will fair at MK Franchise? For example, if we has to play vs us, would we be worried?

My thoughts are that he won't do much at MK. I know in terms of the league table they are as good as us and he will play in a more natural position there. However he was playing with better players here without ever really looking amazing. I could be wrong but I think a lack of pace will effect his career in terms of doing much, for the style of game he wants to play. He is not a clever clever winger, like a Wallace, he wants to beat people constantly and can never beta them easily due to not being fast enough.

The flapping of the situation I understand but if you really put things in perspective, he isn't quite good enough. Funnily enough I think it's one of the calls Moore has got right.

The problem Moore has is he played him out of position most of the season and was inconsistent with his handling of the player, inexplicably playing Shodipo ahead of him when he was just getting into a groove.

It would not shock me if he did do well either. One of those that is hard to judge. All I know, is when I watch him, I just see a winger who is very easily silenced by any full back with a turn of pace and who does not jump in.

He’s only young, and sometimes he chooses the wrong option. Sometimes he’s over elaborate. Sometimes he takes too long on the ball. But then that’s why he was loaned to a league one team in the first place. 

He can absolutely beat players easily though. Despite only starting about 8 games, I’ve seen it plenty of times this season. And I’ve seen almost every match. 

He isn’t quite good enough?

Ha!

What, for US?

A team who’s outside of the play off positions with half of the season gone?

How on earth can Moore have got this right exactly?

Who are our main attacking threats now?

All I knew when I watched him, is despite him being raw, he had great technical skill, great confidence, and he scored 2 and made 2 from only a handful of starts. 

He was our main attacking threat, and better than Shodipo, Johnson, Brown, Patterson and Sow etc.

So unless NML comes great, Moore has got this spectacularly wrong. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Truth seeker said:

I for one was gutted yesterday but looking back at his highlights he rarely beats the 1st man(bit like Kareem) and is often just knocked off the ball..I think we are all worked up because we had a player who had a bit of  arrogance and confidence when were used to players being boring passing backwards all the time but I really don’t think he was all that looking back..just my opinion but 🤷🏻‍♂️

You don’t need to look at the highlights. He scored 2 and made 2 out of only a handful of starts. He was raw and made mistakes, but was clearly our best attacking player. He’ll now flourish at MK Dons, whereas our squad has now become weaker. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I know it’s obvious why he’s gone, but it’s infuriating how we lose a player and he thinks MK Dons are more attractive than us - what is going on with us.

They did play some very good football at Hillsborough, I expect they’ll make the playoffs - we just sucker punched them and won that game. For the rest of the game we were chasing them around.

980B86A1-A99C-4291-84E8-CF7619D69641.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, Robdylan said:

Moore went out of his way to sign Theo. 

The system we currently play is a shambles. 

We’re still one of the lowest scoring teams and we’re still outside the play offs. 

The smart approach would have been to play players like Theo regularly, and in their preferred position, in order to take the team as high as possible. 

I would have liked to see more of Theo, but my main concern is the success of Wednesday and not the happiness of our loan players 

IMO the manager has to do whatever is necessary for the OWLS to succeed. Our main target cannot be to develop loan players.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, GermanBird said:

I would have liked to see more of Theo, but my main concern is the success of Wednesday and not the happiness of our loan players 

IMO the manager has to do whatever is necessary for the OWLS to succeed. Our main target cannot be to develop loan players.

They should have gone hand in hand. 

Our main target is to get promoted.

You don’t go out of your way to sign a talented right winger, before then playing him as left WB, whilst playing lesser players in his position. 

I agree with the ethos that no one player is bigger than the club. But Theo should have been used properly in order to get the best for us collectively. That’s what he was signed for initially. But unfortunately, our manager has proven to be completely inept. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

I know it’s obvious why he’s gone, but it’s infuriating how we lose a player and he thinks MK Dons are more attractive than us - what is going on with us.

They did play some very good football at Hillsborough, I expect they’ll make the playoffs - we just sucker punched them and won that game. For the rest of the game we were chasing them around.

While I agree with the none bolded bit.

The bolded bit? Did you actually go? MK Dons were very very average at out place and very very average is probably too much of a compliment to how they played.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, smhouston said:

Johnson had him in his back pocket

Bet he's very frustrated being out of position again

Corbeanu has all the talent in the world but until he realizes that he is at his best when he releases the ball within 5 seconds then he will flatter to deceive

• Like 2

The lads a good player. Think the crowd got to him tonight. Gregory palmer and Johnson all left a bit on him. 

would still rather he was playing for us than against us. Has some growing up to do but will come good in the end IMO

• Like 3

On 06/01/2022 at 15:39, vulva said:

As usual, people getting giddy. He was decent, and may turn out to be very decent, but I think he was the right player at the wrong time. Re him not playing recently, Wolves probably told us weeks ago he was going back, hence why he hasn’t featured recently. 

Players come and go. Let’s see who we replace him with before wetting the bed. 

Bump. Moore played a blinder replacing this lad with Mendez Laing. 

• Like 6