The end of the world?

Guest Grandad

Seems to be a divide at present. Swaying towards the disappointed one to be honest we’ve won 6 in 19 and 9 games all season which I think is pretty poor . not terrible but pretty poor . Don’t think the 3 at the back with wing backs actually works tbh. Anytime a team puts us under pressure we crumble . 

• Like 1

Guest Grandad
3 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

Self defeatist. 

Wonder where our budget ranks in this division, even if you remove Bannan as an outlier. 

This fanbase has a terminal illness. Pragmatism and realism is fine, even negativity if you want to call it that, but I don’t think I will ever feel comfortable with getting relegated and then thinking it’ll be a “miracle” just to finish mid table in the third division.

Hope is the absolute minimum any football fan should have. If we’re using terms like “over performing” and “miracle” for Moore’s current performance whilst settling for third division mediocrity then the club is done. 

I've not said I'm comfortable with it. And I'm certainly not happy about it. I think Sheffield Wednesday should be plying our trade in the Premier League - and certainly higher than the likes of Brentford. And Crystal Palace. 

As a club we should be alongside teams like Leicester. 

But with our incompetent owner that's unrealistic. As a club under him we do have direction - but it's been a downwards direction since we lost the play off semi. That was after 5 years of continual improvement under Milan and that was under a very tight budget. 

That realism extends to recognising that with our incompetent owner driving us into a cul de sac with very little going for ourselves - on the pitch or off it that we are over performing right now. 

That doesn't mean over performing for Sheffield Wednesday. Far from it. 

But we are over performing for Sheffield Wednesday after 7 years of being run by chansiri. Run into the ground by him. 

Most of Moore's decisions and indecisions beggar belief. 

A better manager would get this squad ( and one of the top squads at that)  playing as a consistent unit. 

Most of the players have no idea of the formation until game time. Let alone from two days before. 

Moore's an absolute joke of a tactician and morale builder. 

Edited by quinnssweetshop
  • Like 1

I never ever understand those fans who get rage furious angrymad if we don’t win a game

Either there’s something really wrong in their personal life, or they’re just doing it to show off to the ‘lads lads lads’ who think it’s proper cool to out-angry each other 

It’s weird

And I’d bet that if they weren’t posting it online or shouting it in front of other people that they’d be sat calm as owt in their living room watching the game silently and then watch Mrs Browns Boys or summat and have a nice time 

Either way the angrymad for show thing… isn’t that a bit 1970s now?

Someone explain It all to me

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

58 minutes ago, Stripes or die said:

That's absolute bullsh1t to try and come out and defend last night's performance.

If that performance was once a season it would be bad enough but this team under Moore seems capable of doing it once a month!

This team and squad under Moore is finished. It's impossible to continue to capitulate as we do and then try to recover. It's not possible mentally for the players or manager.

They have lost all credibility.

He wasn't defending that performance

I disagree with the original post.

I've seen enough of this division that when we attack sides throughout the game, we'll win a lot in this division.

We rarely do. Cambridge, Wimbledon, Wycombe, Sunderland, Shrewsbury and many more couldn't cope against us for 20 minutes. 20 minutes only though, not 80/90 minutes. 

We don't do this regularly and for more than 45 minutes. If we go on the front foot and attack this division, we'll get out of it.

Portsmouth play some good attacking football and are probably the best side I've seen. Their issue is that they've got such a dreadful strike force. If Lee Gregory was at Portsmouth, they'd be walking this division 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grandad said:

Is it?

You'd think so reading Owlstalk and the socials this morning. 

It was a bad defeat and the manner of it was even worse. 

But it was our first defeat in 3 months. Moore is over performing at present, as are his team of freebies and loan players. 

Anybody that genuinely thought he could construct a team from our situation that can really push for promotion is kidding themselves. That's not Darren Moore's fault. He's making the best of the hand he's been dealt by the chairman. It would be grossly unfair to sack him now. 

Anything above mid table by the end of the season and he's worked a miracle

Never thought, at any time this season, that we would finish any higher than Tenth.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grandad said:

Is it?

You'd think so reading Owlstalk and the socials this morning. 

It was a bad defeat and the manner of it was even worse. 

But it was our first defeat in 3 months. Moore is over performing at present, as are his team of freebies and loan players. 

Anybody that genuinely thought he could construct a team from our situation that can really push for promotion is kidding themselves. That's not Darren Moore's fault. He's making the best of the hand he's been dealt by the chairman. It would be grossly unfair to sack him now. 

Anything above mid table by the end of the season and he's worked a miracle

i spent in the region of £150 and gave up 12 hours of my life…so yeah it was pretty poo to be fair mate!! 

• Like 1

As has been said it’s the way we lost last night, losing when we have battled and given everything is one thing but rolling over and getting embarrassed 5v0 is another. I really do think these players are underperforming and Moore isn’t capable of getting the best from them. Imo quite a few of our players would walk in to any line up in this league and clubs would love to have them. They aren’t as average as people like to make out at this level. Moore and his tactics, why can’t we just attack teams, especially the lesser sides,team selections (having Corbeanu on the bench), not making any changes at half time when 3 down are mind boggling. 

Edited by WalthamOwl
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Most of Moore's decisions and indecisions beggar belief. 

A better manager would get this squad ( and one of the top squads at that)  playing as a consistent unit. 

Most of the players have no idea of the formation until game time. Let alone from two days before. 

Moore's an absolute joke of a tactician and morale builder. 

How on Earth do you get to that?, they are a group of players that have been cobbled to gether just 6 month;s ago.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I don't particularly like Moore, his team selections have been questionable to say the least and if his team talks are anything like his interviews then it's hard to believe he inspires the players.

But

There's been a huge improvement in performances recently compared to the start of the season, so I'm willing to look at last night as a blip, if it continues for another five games it's a different conversation

The reaction last night reminds me of when we lost 5-1 to Stevenage in our promotion year

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

It’s pathetic.

Haven’t the bottle to compete with Wycombe and Rotherham.

What’s this bottle thing ?

Have you ever played in a football match and lost ? I have probably lost 400 over the years, is it all down to a lack of bottle ?  

We lack quality in key areas, most notably centre back and striker as we have been unable to sign decent players for nigh on four years.  We played a kid from the stiffs for most of last night plus a player with a drugs ban who no one else wanted.  

you can have as much bottle as you want.  But with a winger, a full back  and a kid trying to prop up a defence away at the league leaders you are only going one way 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

Guest Grandad
7 minutes ago, katie melua said:

I disagree with the original post.

I've seen enough of this division that when we attack sides throughout the game, we'll win a lot in this division.

We rarely do. Cambridge, Wimbledon, Wycombe, Sunderland, Shrewsbury and many more couldn't cope against us for 20 minutes. 20 minutes only though, not 80/90 minutes. 

We don't do this regularly and for more than 45 minutes. If we go on the front foot and attack this division, we'll get out of it.

Portsmouth play some good attacking football and are probably the best side I've seen. Their issue is that they've got such a dreadful strike force. If Lee Gregory was at Portsmouth, they'd be walking this division 

We aren't good enough to attack like you say