The end of the world?

Guest Grandad

Guest Mad Mik
3 hours ago, Grandad said:

Is it?

You'd think so reading Owlstalk and the socials this morning. 

It was a bad defeat and the manner of it was even worse. 

But it was our first defeat in 3 months. Moore is over performing at present, as are his team of freebies and loan players. 

Anybody that genuinely thought he could construct a team from our situation that can really push for promotion is kidding themselves. That's not Darren Moore's fault. He's making the best of the hand he's been dealt by the chairman. It would be grossly unfair to sack him now. 

Anything above mid table by the end of the season and he's worked a miracle

At last someone with a unblinkered point of view, I whole heartedly agree 

Guest Grandad
10 minutes ago, Django said:

OP is either 

a, fishing 

b, completely lost his mind

Either way threads like this aren’t helpful

7 minutes ago, Mad Mik said:

At last someone with a unblinkered point of view, I whole heartedly agree 

Consecutive posts lol

Guest Grandad
25 minutes ago, scilly owl said:

Ha ha. You’re probably right my friend.

If you could give me the heads up when it is appropriate to be optimistic then I would be most grateful.

Have a great ‘22

You too

Don't start getting excited til the leadership changes. 

And I don't mean Moore

3 hours ago, Grandad said:

Moore is over performing at present, as are his team of freebies and loan players. 

If Moore is over performing exclusive of his team, doesn't that suggest he isn't good enough? 

If he's not good enough why would it be unfair to sack him? 

Surely the point of hanging onto the likes of Bannan was to aim for promotion. So I just don't buy that merely surviving this division is a good enough accomplishment. 

• Like 1

I wonder if the pigs fans had threads like this when Nigel Adkins was stinking Bramall Lane out, you know right before they got shut and hired a proper manager  who got them promoted with the same players 

Im convinced, let’s keep Moore he really is doing a cracking job 👏👏👏👏

• Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Forgive me, but wasn’t he PART of the last season debacle.

No, absolutely not.

It wasn't his fault we'd been given a 6 point deduction (without which we would have stayed up)

It wasn't his fault the players weren't being paid

It wasn't his fault that half the squad were running down their contracts and couldn't wait to leave

It wasn't his fault that he was the fourth person to manage the squad in a single season

And it wasn't his fault that for much of the remainder of the season he was laid low with Covid and complications for Covid.

He inherited an absolute s*** show and it's just not fair to blame him for not turning it round immediately.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

No, absolutely not.

It wasn't his fault we'd been given a 6 point deduction (without which we would have stayed up)

It wasn't his fault that half the squad were running down their contracts and couldn't wait to leave

It wasn't his fault that he was the fourth person to manage the squad in a single season

And it wasn't his fault that for much of the remainder of the season he was laid low with Covid and complications for Covid.

He inherited an absolute s*** show and it's just not fair to blame him for not turning it round immediately.

It was Monks fault

41 minutes ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

No, absolutely not.

Derby have many of the same problems and with a bigger points dduction but they're having a good go.

Difference between them and us is we've got a useless manager.....

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

As for your final point, I'm really not following. Have you now 'got ruthless'? What does that entail, and what difference has it made?

Statements like the one you were quoting just go to demonstrate what's really at work. It's nothing more than playing to the gallery because it sure as hell doesn't achieve anything to change the situation.

I'll ask again - threads in the summer seemed quite consistent that mid-table was likely for us this season. Having achieved that level pretty much the entire season, and currently having a goal difference barely above the very definition of average, when did we transform into a team that should be effortlessly strolling away with the division?

1 hour ago, smhouston said:

We're going nowhere with Moore. Even Donny fans ended up with the same impression just before he left them for us

I'd bet Arsenal fans were saying much the same about Arteta only a couple of months ago. Just goes to show how empty some of that angry bluster can look in short order. And given the relentless volume of these complaints, at probably half of the clubs in the professional game every season, exposes much of it as nothing but white noise with little contemplation behind it.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Spookone said:

It really doesn’t badly affect me when we lose like some fans, even though I go to every home match, football isn’t my life like it is for some fans.

I disagree a little with your comments as I think we have one of the top 6-8 squads in the division, so a good manager should realistically be able to get us into the top 6 come the end of the season.

Good measured response

Agree top 6 should be the minimum with the players we have.  Issue I have with last night was the inability for defenders to do the basics, they should have learnt this in juniors. Moore was a defender and not half bad, so why not fix the recurring issues of losing players, poor positioning at set pieces and giving the ball away. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Grandad said:

Is it?

But it was our first defeat in 3 months. Moore is over performing at present, as are his team of freebies and loan players. 

Anybody that genuinely thought he could construct a team from our situation that can really push for promotion is kidding themselves. That's not Darren Moore's fault. He's making the best of the hand he's been dealt by the chairman. It would be grossly unfair to sack him now. 

You didn't care a few months ago, now you are an uber fan.

Football fans eh?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Grandad said:

Is it?

You are a star could not have said it better

• Haha 1