The end of the world?

Guest Grandad

Guest Grandad

Is it?

You'd think so reading Owlstalk and the socials this morning. 

It was a bad defeat and the manner of it was even worse. 

But it was our first defeat in 3 months. Moore is over performing at present, as are his team of freebies and loan players. 

Anybody that genuinely thought he could construct a team from our situation that can really push for promotion is kidding themselves. That's not Darren Moore's fault. He's making the best of the hand he's been dealt by the chairman. It would be grossly unfair to sack him now. 

Anything above mid table by the end of the season and he's worked a miracle

Guest Grandad
3 minutes ago, Stripes or die said:

That's absolute bullsh1t to try and come out and defend last night's performance.

Did you miss the bit where I said 'it was a bad defeat and the manner of it was even worse '

16 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Is it?

You'd think so reading Owlstalk and the socials this morning. 

It was a bad defeat and the manner of it was even worse. 

But it was our first defeat in 3 months. Moore is over performing at present, as are his team of freebies and loan players. 

Anybody that genuinely thought he could construct a team from our situation that can really push for promotion is kidding themselves. That's not Darren Moore's fault. He's making the best of the hand he's been dealt by the chairman. It would be grossly unfair to sack him now. 

Anything above mid table by the end of the season and he's worked a miracle

i wish you would stop trying to bring reason onto these pages 

slit your wrists like everyone else 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 4

'Worked a miracle' is a bit strong in my opinion, but to expect a club in the state we were last summer, and one operating under EFL restrictions to boot, to immediately turn things around and challenge for automatic promotion, was never reasonable.

With our key players available, the top six should be achievable. Unfortunately, we've not had several of them available for the majority of the season so far, and it certainly showed in our defensive third last night.

Hopefully some of them return consistently for the second half of the season.

• Like 9

It’s the manner of the defeat for me. I can take getting beaten by the better side, but Sunderland weren’t that good. We were woeful in every department and the lack of effort to close down is infuriating and worrying. 

But I do agree with you that maybe Moore has been over achieving. One thing we all need to keep in mind is that Moore has been forced to cobble together a team of loans and freebies. He’s not allowed to sign players who attract a fee, or require a slightly higher wage. The reason for that is because of one man….

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Stripes or die said:

You may be happy with last night's performance and find it acceptable.

I will never accept the kind of mediocrity we are being served up.

how is being reasonable and seeing football and more importantly placing football in its proper context "being happy" with last night ?

If football or any pastime made me, a grown up, as suicidal as it seems to make many on here then i'd take up knitting 

It was a bad result it was a terrible performance by Wednesday ( one of many ) but it was just a game of football and it cost us 3 points 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

'Worked a miracle' is a bit strong in my opinion, but to expect a club in the state we were last summer, and one operating under EFL restrictions to boot, to immediately turn things around and challenge for automatic promotion, was never reasonable.

With our key players available, the top six should be achievable. Unfortunately, we've not had several of them available for the majority of the season so far, and it certainly showed in our defensive third last night.

Hopefully some of them return consistently for the second half of the season.

Irrespective of the availability of certain players it's the managers job to set them up in an appropriate way for the game ahead.

It's also his job to get them in the right frame of mind and instill in them some confidence and self belief.

We showed neither of those last night, instead we got ANOTHER capitulation! Think about that.

The smart arses/trolls/apologists trying to excuse these performances are not helping the club. We need to get ruthless. It's completely unacceptable.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Stripes or die said:

Irrespective of the availability of certain players it's the managers job to set them up in an appropriate way for the game ahead.

It's also his job to get them in the right frame of mind and instill in them some confidence and self belief.

We showed neither of those last night, instead we got ANOTHER capitulation! Think about that.

The smart arses/trolls/apologists trying to excuse these performances are not helping the club. We need to get ruthless. It's completely unacceptable.

Happy new year 

2 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

how is being reasonable and seeing football and more importantly placing football in its proper context "being happy" with last night ?

If football or any pastime made me, a grown up, as suicidal as it seems to make many on here then i'd take up knitting 

It was a bad result it was a terrible performance by Wednesday ( one of many ) but it was just a game of football and it cost us 3 points 

So in what way are my opinions unreasonable?

Why are you trying to position my views as "suicidal"? Because they differ to yours?

I'm not suicidal thank you very much but I do find last night's performance completely unacceptable. You may choose to try to defend it I will not. It is indefensible.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Stripes or die said:

I'm not sure what that's got to do with my post, really?

Last night's performance was dreadful, yes. 

I still think if we make the top six by the end of the season, then we'll have done pretty well given the circumstances.

As for your final point, I'm really not following. Have you now 'got ruthless'? What does that entail, and what difference has it made?

Edited by areNOTwhatTHEYseem
  • Like 1