Chanting 'Theo' at Shodipo

All the more bizarre because he probably had a better game today than Corbeanu had Tuesday when he was being lauded as the messiah.

I like Shodipo. A touch lightweight at times but if he fails at Wednesday I think it’ll more down to how he’s used, rather than a lack of effort or ability on his part. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

All the more bizarre because he probably had a better game today than Corbeanu had Tuesday when he was being lauded as the messiah.

I like Shodipo. A touch lightweight at times but if he fails at Wednesday I think it’ll more down to how he’s used, rather than a lack of effort or ability on his part. 

I thought Theo did well on Tues, but Shodipo also looked a threat in that first half, I just thought the Theo chant was completely bizarre!

I think Shodipo isn't lightweight but tends to go down too easily, possibly relating to his confidence (trying to buy a foul rather than continuing to beat his man). 

He scored 13 last season in this league so I hope we get to see him at his best, but chanting that was completely uncalled for and actually pretty weird. 

27 minutes ago, Albertowl said:

Moronic.

Honestly don’t think some of the North Stand chaps have two brain cells to rub together. 

Noticable  that when the players walked off at half time, Theo made a direct line to Shodipo to congratulate him on his goal. Well done son.

Tell you something. For a kid 19 years old Theo has such an impressive head on his shoulders, what a guy. Great attitude. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DesWalker said:

The chanting was in bad taste but other than his goal I thought Shodipo was poor. 

corbeneau wasn’t much better when he came on. 

mendez-Laing however looked a real threat. 

This 100%. Shodipo was poor...rarely tried to beat his man, get at the defence, slow moving the ball when he got it. Other than the goal, he contributed very little. 90% of games he's featured in he's be the same

Theo wasn't involved today, bit he didn't get much time to do so. He's had far more impact on more games in less amount than Shodipo has

Mendez was surprising. Very direct and was very good to see. Hopefully it's not a one off

• Like 2

Shodipo wad directly involved in both goals by scoring 1 and assisting 1 so have to say it was right decision in hindsight to start him.

Scored 13 last season, had a good goal disallowed earlier in season so think there's more to come from him, plus theo can't play 90mins every game, wing back is a tough position mileage wise.

Rather have theo and shodipo sharing game time than johnson and brown tbh

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Owls2k said:

This rankled me in the first half today, was it completely necessary?

Apart from the fact the whole team except Luongo, Kamberi and Hunt started the match as if there was a carbon monoxide leak I thought Shodipo hadn't done bad at all. We had some decent crosses from both sides today but I felt Gregory was just off the pace.

Then he tried a cross, hits his man and goes out for a throw to us and people start chanting 'Theo', completely bizarre. 

Shodipo to me looks like he's lacking a bit of confidence, he caused their right back some real trouble in that first half and hopefully the goal will help him kick on. 

Shodipo can add value to this team and today will help. You would think our fans would support him but a few morons obviously decided to go the other way. Hopefully he ignores and builds on his first goal.