Chanting 'Theo' at Shodipo

1 hour ago, DesWalker said:

The chanting was in bad taste but other than his goal I thought Shodipo was poor. 

corbeneau wasn’t much better when he came on. 

mendez-Laing however looked a real threat. 

Shodipo, like all but 3 of his team mates, started the game poorly. 

But at the end of the half he was causing the right back real issues. And our fans decided to chant the name of another winger as his cross got deflected out for a Wednesday throw in. 

`As for Theo, big fan of him but he offered less than Shodipo did when he came on.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, nile said:

I would have started corbeanu personally especially at home

am I the only one who found this a strange change?

Everyone expected Theo to start, but after having splinters in his backside for months it's possibly understandable that Moore benched him at some point. 

That's not really the point thought. The point is which would you chant another player's name when another player of ours does something you dislike. 

Completely bizarre.

1 hour ago, Neon Nick said:

Why's it have to be one or the other ?  It's nice to have options.

Who is saying it has to be?

All I'm suggesting is let's not chant the names of players who could come in in a certain position when the player does something we don't like. 

Shades of the Westwood chanting. 

• Like 3

It’s really not understandable to bench your best young attacking options, especially when they are just finding there feet and looking effective, I found it a very strange change, I would never chant against shodipo but I can understand some fans thought process, another baffling Moore decision today.

• Like 1

Just now, nile said:

It’s really not understandable to bench your best young attacking options, especially when they are just finding there feet and looking effective, I found it a very strange change, I would never chant against shodipo but I can understand some fans thought process, another baffling Moore decision today.

Please enlighten me.

What was the fans' thought process when they chant 'Theo, Theo' after Shodipo's attempted cross went out for a Wednesday throw-in?

Theo didn't play a game for months then started every game, not too hard to understand when the manager thinks he needs a bit of a break with a big schedule approaching. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nile said:

I thought it was an odd one, but perhaps Moore thought it was time to give Theo a rest of sorts? 

Kid has gone from never playing first team football to a sudden run of playing numerous first team games in a row. 

Not saying that is the reason, but it might offer an explanation. 

I'm pretty sure that Theo is one of Moore's main men now. Have to say I was quite encouraged by Mendez Laing's cameo. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, smhouston said:

This 100%. Shodipo was poor...rarely tried to beat his man, get at the defence, slow moving the ball when he got it. Other than the goal, he contributed very little. 90% of games he's featured in he's be the same

Theo wasn't involved today, bit he didn't get much time to do so. He's had far more impact on more games in less amount than Shodipo has

Mendez was surprising. Very direct and was very good to see. Hopefully it's not a one off

Interesting you don't offer an opinion on the point of the thread, the chanting. Feel free to offer your opinions on that when you get a spare moment. 

As for the rest. Shodipo did try and beat his man many times, and there were at least 2 excellent crosses he put in that should have been buried. 

Theo played 20 mins today and didn't affect the game. If Shodipo was so bad and Theo is so great why did we get no better when he came on?

Absolutely we've not seen the best of Shodipo yet, but shouting 'Theo' at him achieves zero.

3 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

Please enlighten me.

What was the fans' thought process when they chant 'Theo, Theo' after Shodipo's attempted cross went out for a Wednesday throw-in?

Theo didn't play a game for months then started every game, not too hard to understand when the manager thinks he needs a bit of a break with a big schedule approaching. 

haven’t you answered your own question with the outcome?

Give the lad a break away from home, home games are 3 points, take the draw away.

8 minutes ago, SiJ said:

I thought it was an odd one, but perhaps Moore thought it was time to give Theo a rest of sorts? 

Kid has gone from never playing first team football to a sudden run of playing numerous first team games in a row. 

I'm pretty sure that Theo is one of Moore's main men now. Have to say I was quite encouraged by Mendez Laing's cameo. 

He gave Theo a rest, simple as. 

If Paterson wasn't so clumbsy and BPF wasn't so overrated and flappy handsed I doubt we'd have seen Theo at all today. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nile said:

haven’t you answered your own question with the outcome?

Give the lad a break away from home, home games are 3 points, take the draw away.

Please humour me, what are you banging on about?

My question you quoted was

How does us drawing against Wycombe answer ?

3 points at home are a must, we draw too many

its really not rocket science.

take your dib dab and rola cola and be awkward with the babysitter, mummy will make you some toast in the morning.

maybe with some honey if you can wipe your own arse

Similar to chanting for Westwood when Cam was in goal a little while ago, hugely upsetting and very counterproductive. Cam has never recovered from his loss of form and confidence around that time and now we have a very expensive contract to an academy player and Wednesday fan playing league 2 football.

I used to be so proud of our fanbase, especially in tough times we would sing and support our shower of shybo through thick and thin. Turning out record attendance figures in lower leagues and being recognised as one of the best followings in the country. I’m not sure if this moronic element has always been there but I certainly don’t remember it. Maybe that brief successful run has brought in a spell of entitlement. 

• Like 5

10 hours ago, theowlsman said:

He looked a different player after his goal. Seemed to get much confidence from it.

So glad he looked happier and confident. Shame that he got subbed.

Good luck son, we need you all on top form if we're going up with 100 points this season.

U think we will win 23 games of our last 26?

9 hours ago, SiJ said:

If you saw Theo at the end of the game on Tuesday night he was absolutely fecked. Ran his arse off for 90 minutes. Lad is only 19 and probably needed resting. 

• Like 3

You can’t expect Theo to turn it on every match and when he came on I thought he was ineffective. Maybe DM saw something in training that we’re unaware of.  In fairness I thought Shodipo had his best game for us. A couple of really well waited balls down the line and a decent cross or two, plus a goal. He’s an option, and it’s good to mix it up. As for the chanting - morons - like booing your own players in a game. Achieves absolutely nothing.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, nile said:

Can only assume yoy didn't go Tuesday night in that case. Theo was poor yesterday and dead on his feet by full time. Needed a rest. Doesnt excuse the north stand idiots.

11 hours ago, Ever the pessimist said:

To be fair, it’s Shodipo’s fault for having a name that’s too tricky to make into a monosyllabic chant. Theo has him on that count…

To be fair the old Shefki Kuqi chant works, just using his surname. 

I'm here all week garymegson

9 hours ago, Owls2k said:

Interesting you don't offer an opinion on the point of the thread, the chanting. Feel free to offer your opinions on that when you get a spare moment. 

As for the rest. Shodipo did try and beat his man many times, and there were at least 2 excellent crosses he put in that should have been buried. 

Theo played 20 mins today and didn't affect the game. If Shodipo was so bad and Theo is so great why did we get no better when he came on?

Absolutely we've not seen the best of Shodipo yet, but shouting 'Theo' at him achieves zero.

Not really "interesting" at all (if you're insinuating I'm one of the culprits / agree with it), I just think you're wrong. I don't believe they was chanting Theo AT Shodipo, I believe they was chanting Theo because they wanted Moore to bring him on. It's been done for many many seasons i.e. Fernando. If one of those who did it comes on and says it was aimed at him then fine, they're wrong to do it

Theo contributes far more usually. Obviously yesterday wasn't his game, but he's 5 years younger and form will be inconsistent. Shodipo should be imposing himself on games now at his age but he just doesn't. Has he had any games yet where we can say he's up there for MOTM?:

Theo 4(6) 472 mins, 2 goals, 2 assists, 2.8 shots/game, 1.3 dribbles/game, 0.9 bad/touches, 6.98 #69

Shodipo 6(5) 509 mins, 1 goal, 0 assists, 0.9 shots/game, 0.8 dribbles/game, 2.4 bad/touches, 6.29 #549

I do totally agree that I don't think we've seen the best of Shodipo though. Maybe the tactics just doesn't suit him