Chanting 'Theo' at Shodipo

I think Shodipo is going to be a big player for us, he's unpredictable, which is something of a rarity at Wednesday. I think we have missed him since the start of the season. He was one of the first new signings to impress for me. Obviously, he's been out of favour or injured since then so its good to see him coming back into the team.

I think Shodipo and Corbano  on the field at the same time will be too much for most League One teams.

image.png.1cad9e8e8813b5747b4d86a0454cab04.png.d2fb8fec72a1eb473d770b24e74aa99a.png

Shodipo feels like one of those players Wednesday fans want then get frustrated with. 

Wide players can be inconsistent but he looks ok to me… he’s hardly Gary Teale. 

I’ve seen him beat a man and cross it well, I think being a wing back now he’s too far back when he should be in a natural winger position 

Some of our fans are an embarrassment. 

Fact is Shodipo had a very good game and it’s a marathon not a sprint etc. 

Theo is also very selfish, shoots way too often. Don’t get me wrong he’s a terrific player but he needs a lot of coaching to help him make better decisions. Hopefully Darren and his team can help him. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Five Archers said:

Had a quick look on one the Wycombe forums and they thought Shodipo (and Hunt) was ripping them apart. Sounded happy when they went off.

Strange name for BPF though,

half man-half poppadum

Considering their goalie has a big hole in his chest for our 2nd goal that's quite funny.

Poor form 

But not surprising. 

It's not so long ago a Wednesday saves a penalty at the KOP end and ten minutes later had swathes singing the name of an absent keeper. 

Heard Sheridan booed in the past. 

Sterland.  

Hirst booed for taking Carbone in hand. 

Nothing surprises me.

• Like 2

Hated this on Saturday. I stand up at the top of the north (3/4 up, 2 blocks in) so not directly involved with all that mob, but i hated the chanting of Theo whenever Shodipo did anything wrong. One bloke was slagging him off for not putting in the same displays as he did for Oxford last season, but explaining to him that he was never used as a wing back at Oxford and was the left/right of a 4-2-31/4-3-3 didn't quite seem to calm him down. Not sure how we can judge a winger playing at wing back, it must be a tough change of tactic for how he's used to playing. Oh and these are the same blokes chanting his name as soon as he scores, fickle aren't they football fans