Away fans at Hillsborough

First post for ages so go easy on me !!

i know its been discussed before and am aware it would really get properly addressed if we ever got to the Premier League , but is it a option to move the away fans to somewhere else as it does my head in to see the Lepp constantly empty. i know the concourses below would have to be adapted with walls and stuff for segregation but what about the corner of south stand like they do at Leeds,Villa,Everton...we can have Owls fans behind both goals and have offers on to somehow fill it which i know is the hard bit

• Like 1

The away end would be the first thing to be demolished if we ever reached the EPL.

A 3 tier replacement has/had planning permission, presumably these 3 tiers would offer flexibility depending on away numbers.

The stand needs to be consigned to the history books.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Lifetime Owl said:

i know its been discussed before and am aware it would really get properly addressed if we ever got to the Premier League , but is it a option to move the away fans to somewhere else as it does my head in to see the Lepp constantly empty. i know the concourses below would have to be adapted with walls and stuff for segregation but what about the corner of south stand like they do at Leeds,Villa,Everton...we can have Owls fans behind both goals and have offers on to somehow fill it which i know is the hard bit

1. Financial... the increase in costs through more staff stewarding the South stand on segregation lines. Stewards currently position on the away end would have to stay there to deal with the home fans. 

2. Atmosphere... the 3 home stands are already empty in sections, introducing a 4th stand would make fans look more sparse.

3. Agg... the end block on the north which includes what the club deem the "risk group" will move onto the South to be as near as possible to the away support with only a line of yellow jacketed flesh separating them. Sections of seats would also have to be netted and you'd lose some of the prime central seats. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Manwë said:

The away end would be the first thing to be demolished if we ever reached the EPL.

A 3 tier replacement has/had planning permission, presumably these 3 tiers would offer flexibility depending on away numbers.

Ths.

With hindsight it just have been floored in 1990. As for away fans, they should just use the lower lepp atm.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Lifetime Owl said:

Been some good away attendances this season can't see a problem

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Manwë said:

Sadly, that's already the case.

I like opponents fans in the Lep. The issue right now is sometimes there are so few of them it hardly seems worth opening the bloomin thing. It would be a problem if the rest of the ground was full to bursting and we needed the room. But it isn’t. As has been said the thing needs knocking down but so much of the ground needs redevelopment it’s too big a job to even start. I’m sure the far future holds a new stadium at some point. But hopefully it will be after I’m dead. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Lifetime Owl said:

Dont worry about stuff that wont happen. Not worth it - life too short.

On 25/11/2021 at 10:27, Sham67 said:

Putting them in the South is a complete no no for me.  Don’t want any noisy rabble disturbing my nap.

On 25/11/2021 at 10:27, Sham67 said:

Putting them in the South is a complete no no for me.  Don’t want any noisy rabble disturbing my nap.

Oh  dear! A bit of gratuitous ageism always raises a laugh.