Accrington Stanley v Sheffield Wednesday Saturday 20th November 2021. Your questions answered.

1 hour ago, Stanleyhouse said:

image.png.448cf26b2ebfe93f87ec0a6e262f53de.png

Hi Stanley, I won't be coming due to age and disability I did come a few years ago after you won your way back into the League. In a quite good game Stanley won 3-2 I think it was. On your map we entered just above the 'A' or just below the 'C'  the open end was for away fans to the right of our grand stand. We enjoyed the day and the hospitality; atmosphere was quite good too. As a kid I was gutted when you failed to get re-elected. Hartlepool finished bottom on the trot plenty of times. They must have had friends in low places lol  .

My only other memory in different times was when Dad pointed out your almost derelict ground as we were travelling by rail to Blackburn I think on our 1966 Wembley run. We were at very different points on the compass but that was then and this is now; Sort of pleased fate has brought us together after all these years.   

• Like 7

7 hours ago, Mike Hunt said:

What’s the biggest game / team you have had at your stadium up to now ?

5397 was our largest attendance in the FA Cup 4th Round 2018/19 against Derby.

We've played Burnley, Newcastle, Forest, Leicester, Fulham in other cup matches. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

How will you celebrate when after being one nil up we ship 2 goals in the last five minutes? 

Don't worry, that's normal for us. lol

We'll have winners hour in the marquee. £1 OFF  a pint. (Until this season it was a £1 a pint when we won)

• Like 1
  • Love 3

11 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Who do you consider to be your traditional rivals?

No disrespect but I imagine Burnley and Blackburn haven’t crossed you path very often.

Morecambe, we've had a similar journey from non league.  Rochdale and recently Bolton.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Stanleyhouse said:

So the stadium is situated in a residential area. There's no parking at the stadium but fans usually park in the surrounding streets. (There is no residents only parking)

Our fanzone marquee is open for all fans at the stadium with live music before and after the match. 

The town centre is a 20 minute walk. All pubs are away fan friendly.

Fantastic idea that. 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

This is a brilliant idea. We should nominate an Owlstalk member to go on other clubs sites before we play them. 

What could possibly go wrong. 

I will volunteer to do it,no one ever objects to my posts...OH on second thoughts....!

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Hi Stanley, I won't be coming due to age and disability I did come a few years ago after you won your way back into the League. In a quite good game Stanley won 3-2 I think it was. On your map we entered just above the 'A' or just below the 'C'  the open end was for away fans to the right of our grand stand. We enjoyed the day and the hospitality; atmosphere was quite good too. As a kid I was gutted when you failed to get re-elected. Hartlepool finished bottom on the trot plenty of times. They must have had friends in low places lol  .

My only other memory in different times was when Dad pointed out your almost derelict ground as we were travelling by rail to Blackburn I think on our 1966 Wembley run. We were at very different points on the compass but that was then and this is now; Sort of pleased fate has brought us together after all these years.   

Really enjoyed reading this post,my Dad was a Blade,so no Wembley trip for us!! but i can remember watching it on the telly,that and the 66 Cup Final