Accrington Stanley v Sheffield Wednesday Saturday 20th November 2021. Your questions answered.

respect for all this info and giving us half the ground as well as selling pints to us , we will be seeing you again next season and id imagine for a few seasons as unless something dramatic happens on the pitch or we get new management we defo aint going up.  id imagine our wage bill will be 10x yours but on the pitch 2moro you will wonder how is that possible. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, morganowl said:

respect for all this info and giving us half the ground as well as selling pints to us , we will be seeing you again next season and id imagine for a few seasons as unless something dramatic happens on the pitch or we get new management we defo aint going up.  id imagine our wage bill will be 10x yours but on the pitch 2moro you will wonder how is that possible. 

So you don't think we'll get promoted? 😉 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

I live in Burnley, moved there from the South East in August 2000, just after we got relegated from the Prem. At the time, my nightmare scenario was that I would eventually see Wednesday play in the league at Stanley and tomorrow the nightmare comes true. To be fair, living so close I do get to a few games at Whambley  and it is the most welcoming ground for away fans that I have ever been to. Stanley may be a little club but it is well run, a real community asset and a great model for other clubs to follow. We are in for a treat tomorrow. 

3 hours ago, Stanleyhouse said:

Of course our fans see you as a big club  They can't wait to visit Hillsborough next month. 

Remember every club is bigger than ours and it was only 20 years ago we were playing Frickley, Worksop and Emley. Accrington has only got a population of 36,000 too.

I presume out of those 36,000 (the ones who like football) they are just as likely to support Burnley, Blackburn, Man Utd, Man City or Liverpool than Stanley?

18 minutes ago, Birstall Owl said:

I presume out of those 36,000 (the ones who like football) they are just as likely to support Burnley, Blackburn, Man Utd, Man City or Liverpool than Stanley?

We have 1200 season ticket holders. There was a lost generation of fans when we had no club or were just playing in lower non-league in front of 500 diehards.

When I was at school (1980s) only a few followed Stanley and they were dragged along by my dad and I. One of those mates is now a Wednesday season ticket holder! Now I see those friends who were following the big teams back then, watching Stanley and taking their kids.

Each year we give a free Stanley shirt to every Year 3 kid in the Borough. (1200 in total) It's great to see the kids playing out in them. Something I never saw as a kid.

• Like 2
  • Love 4

10 minutes ago, Stanleyhouse said:

We have 1200 season ticket holders. There was a lost generation of fans when we had no club or were just playing in lower non-league in front of 500 diehards.

When I was at school (1980s) only a few followed Stanley and they were dragged along by my dad and I. One of those mates is now a Wednesday season ticket holder! Now I see those friends who were following the big teams back then, watching Stanley and taking their kids.

Each year we give a free Stanley shirt to every Year 3 kid in the Borough. (1200 in total) It's great to see the kids playing out in them. Something I never saw as a kid.

Can you post your kit(s)

Russian Warship.... Go fxxk yourselves.

9 hours ago, Ever the pessimist said:

To get the 5.11 train to Leeds, how early do we have to leave?

You can answer in minutes or goals Wednesday are losing by…

depending on your tickets and where you going the manchester victoria train is just as quick if not quicker way back , we all dont want to miss us losing 1-0 to get a 2-1 win in last 5 mins do we? i mean 5 years of hurt could end  .

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Stanleyhouse said:

Of course our fans see you as a big club  They can't wait to visit Hillsborough next month. 

Remember every club is bigger than ours and it was only 20 years ago we were playing Frickley, Worksop and Emley. Accrington has only got a population of 36,000 too.

Hats off to you, you on your way up and appreciate where you are.

We are on the way down and think we belong in PL, we don't

3 minutes ago, Stanleyhouse said:

So how was it ? 

Hope you found us welcoming.

The 3 points would have helped I'm sure. 

Met lots of great fans today.

Let me know how you found it - your away day experience of Accrington Stanley. Always looking go improve.

We don't have much but we're proud of what we have. 

Not long before we visit Hillsborough too.

I didn't go but if all your fans are like you seem to be I reckon I've missed a great day out.

• Like 2
  • Love 1