Accrington Stanley v Sheffield Wednesday Saturday 20th November 2021. Your questions answered.

13 minutes ago, Stanleyhouse said:

So how was it ? 

Hope you found us welcoming.

The 3 points would have helped I'm sure. 

Met lots of great fans today.

Let me know how you found it - your away day experience of Accrington Stanley. Always looking go improve.

We don't have much but we're proud of what we have. 

Not long before we visit Hillsborough too.

Didn’t go today but hope you enjoyed the match, and good luck for the rest of the season (apart from the game at our place obviously) 👍

• Like 1

In fairness it was an enjoyable but nerve wracking watch on iFollow.

Probably couldn't have complained too much if it had ended a draw but very happy with the win.

Best of luck for the rest of the season.

13 minutes ago, Stanleyhouse said:

So how was it ? 

Let me know how you found it - your away day experience of Accrington Stanley. Always looking go improve.

Great day out. Found parking pretty easy close to the ground, which in itself is unusual nowadays. Went to the local chippy, enjoyed spotting rag pudding and dabs on the menu, then heard customers ask for curry sauce and be asked back “English or Irish”. Went into the chippy with decent weather, came out and it was a complete seasonal change. Stood up and rained on for 90 minutes, what’s not to like - helps me reminisce about the good old days.

The stewards had a decent attitude, good game, all in all thoroughly enjoyable and shows why League 1 isn’t as bad an experience as some make out.

Good luck for the rest of the season apart from your trip to Sheffield.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Stanleyhouse said:

So how was it ? 

Excellent day out

All the staff were welcoming and really helpful.

Always helps when you win but despite getting p*ss wet through give me a ground like this any day over an IKEA flat pack

• Like 3

A really enjoyable away day and thank you for your efforts posting helpful advice on Owlstalk.

We parked the car close to the ground. Had a walk around the three stands to check out the fanzone before going in. All staff polite and courteous which, unfortunately, isn’t always the case.

Catering good - we’ll organised and quick, although we were in relatively early.

We really enjoyed being in the covered terrace and being close to the action. In a way it was a reminder of simpler times. Not worse, just different by the way.

I was very impressed with the home end and their flags and banners. The place had a good atmosphere making us forget the poor weather.

Of course all fans want their team to win. Ergo, one set could (should?) be happy and conversely the others, maybe not so.

Once back to the car we drove straight off in the opposite direction to most of the crowd, taking a cross country route via Burnley to Bradford, and were happily sitting in the Mangla on Spital Hill at 7.00.

3 points away and a chicken Madras for tea? What’s not to like? (As our younger readers might say)

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Stanleyhouse said:

So how was it ? 

Excellent day out, proper fans and a real ground, not a plastic crappy one akin to Derby and Bolton’s.

I even enjoyed getting soaked through!

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Brookhouse1867 said:

A really enjoyable away day and thank you for your efforts posting helpful advice on Owlstalk.

We parked the car close to the ground. Had a walk around the three stands to check out the fanzone before going in. All staff polite and courteous which, unfortunately, isn’t always the case.

Catering good - we’ll organised and quick, although we were in relatively early.

We really enjoyed being in the covered terrace and being close to the action. In a way it was a reminder of simpler times. Not worse, just different by the way.

I was very impressed with the home end and their flags and banners. The place had a good atmosphere making us forget the poor weather.

Of course all fans want their team to win. Ergo, one set could (should?) be happy and conversely the others, maybe not so.

Once back to the car we drove straight off in the opposite direction to most of the crowd, taking a cross country route via Burnley to Bradford, and were happily sitting in the Mangla on Spital Hill at 7.00.

3 points away and a chicken Madras for tea? What’s not to like? (As our younger readers might say)

Like the “could (should)”.

Sounds a fantastic day mate.

2 minutes ago, GermanBird said:

Next week we have guests from Accrington.

Shouldn't we send an Owlstalk embassador to their forum?

I found it very enjoyable that Robert was here to answer our questions.

absolutely.....

I think it should be Beholder...

I mean lets really frighten the f.ookers!!!!