Accrington Stanley v Sheffield Wednesday Saturday 20th November 2021. Your questions answered.

16 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

This is a brilliant idea. We should nominate an Owlstalk member to go on other clubs sites before we play them. 

What could possibly go wrong. 

Who is the least controversial OT member? 

Let's have a poll. 

16 hours ago, Basement Jack said:

This is one of the great things about the lower leagues

There is a bigger “connect” with real fans

Great thread 

It was only on page 1 when you posted this. Anything could happen in the next 99 pages. 

• Haha 1

We used to have some "Bad Boys" at our club but Darren Moore said "I'm your man" you gotta have "Faith". There were a few "Careless Whispers" which got one or two into trouble "Last Christmas". We now have some "Young Guns" and we're "Club Fantastic". 

If you don't know Wham then "Wake me up before you go go". 

That's enough. 

• Haha 4

17 hours ago, Stanleyhouse said:

My name is Robert and I'm the Supporter Liaison Officer at Accrington Stanley.

As it is the first meeting between our two clubs and the majority of you won't have been to Accrington before I thought i'd start a thread for Wednesday fans to ask questions about your visit on Saturday. I'll do my best to answer. 

Nice one, thank you Robert.

Much appreciated!

👍👏

• Like 1

3 hours ago, A47Owl said:

We used to have some "Bad Boys" at our club but Darren Moore said "I'm your man" you gotta have "Faith". There were a few "Careless Whispers" which got one or two into trouble "Last Christmas". We now have some "Young Guns" and we're "Club Fantastic". 

If you don't know Wham then "Wake me up before you go go". 

That's enough. 

If you want 'freedom' from these posts 'Ime your man;

1 hour ago, Musn't Grumble said:

So what do you think of Adam Phillips who has played for both yourselves and Morecambe?

(Be nice... he's a friend of the family!)

Talented player , who probably wanted to get more game time, so went to Morecambe. He was always in and out of our team. 

• Like 1

The best years of their lives with a few familiar names.

2006/07

Stanley return to The Football League after a gap of 44 years, playing their first game at Chester City.

Benin international Rommy Boco is the club’s first Football League goalscorer since Mike Ferguson with a brace in the opening league win over Barnet.

2009/10

The Reds enjoy another FA Cup adventure, hosting Premier League side Fulham in the fourth round, narrowly losing out 3-1.

2010/11

After three seasons of improving their position in League Two, Stanley finish fifth in the division to make the play-offs, but are unfortunately beaten in the semi-finals by Stevenage.

John Coleman’s team also host Premier League side Newcastle in the Carling Cup, losing the tie 3-2.

2011/12

John Coleman and Jimmy Bell leave the club for Rochdale, with former Stanley player and coach Paul Cook coming in as the new manager, assisted by long-serving defender Leam Richardson.

2012/13

Cook leaves to become the new manager of Chesterfield, with Richardson again stepping in and winning his first game in charge against Bristol Rovers, securing league football for another season in April.