Accrington Stanley v Sheffield Wednesday Saturday 20th November 2021. Your questions answered.

Bumping this back to the top. Less than 3 days to go before your visit. Any questions about your visit to us on Saturday?

Lots of fans ringing the club to ask about parking. 

No parking at the ground. Street parking readily available. No residents only parking in operation and parking in the town centre (20 mins walk uphill) is all free.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Easiest away day / game ive ever been to .

Being a Haslingden owl is quite a lonely burden. Especially the stick i get from my Sheffield family and me being born in Lancashire . This kind of gives people an idea of what folk are like round here . Great welcome and it will be nice seeing a few more owls around , so ill not feel so lonely 🤣

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Have to say, great idea. Having read through all the comments I was starting to wonder if @Stanleyhouse was in fact a Bot.....lot's of information, very informative and helpful but not much opinion or banter. Then it occurred to me that engaging in casual conversation on opposition fan forums is probably a recipe for disaster....... I'm pleased to see we've behaved ourselves. 😂

A bit about us.....We're not exactly storming the league, many of us would be delighted to see a game where there aren't at least two of our players taking up a position they've never played before.....45 minutes of just good football would be amazing, a post match interview with the manager that doesn't start with "we weren't good enough today" would be the stuff of dreams.....Thanks for the insights. 

• Love 1

On 14/11/2021 at 23:08, Stanleyhouse said:

Here is the Studio.co.uk stand where your fans will be seated.

image.png.c8c3c25fb39ab9e6637452b199dd2496.png

Although how many of those seats will still be in situ by the end of the game remains to be seen.

And don't forget to get some straw or sawdust thrown down.

Only joking.

lol

4 hours ago, Morepork said:

Have to say, great idea. Having read through all the comments I was starting to wonder if @Stanleyhouse was in fact a Bot.....lot's of information, very informative and helpful but not much opinion or banter. Then it occurred to me that engaging in casual conversation on opposition fan forums is probably a recipe for disaster....... I'm pleased to see we've behaved ourselves. 😂

A bit about us.....We're not exactly storming the league, many of us would be delighted to see a game where there aren't at least two of our players taking up a position they've never played before.....45 minutes of just good football would be amazing, a post match interview with the manager that doesn't start with "we weren't good enough today" would be the stuff of dreams.....Thanks for the insights. 

We are a little club, living the dream playing at such a high level that I couldn't have imagined when I started watching Stanley playing in the old Cheshire League.

Our supporters will chat openly with you over a pint before the match. 

You are our guests and we aim to treat you well so that you'll return the next time we play.

One of the main reasons I came on here was that I sent information to your SLO but had no reply. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

5 hours ago, Esswhy said:

Easiest away day / game ive ever been to .

Being a Haslingden owl is quite a lonely burden. Especially the stick i get from my Sheffield family and me being born in Lancashire . This kind of gives people an idea of what folk are like round here . Great welcome and it will be nice seeing a few more owls around , so ill not feel so lonely 🤣

Youre not the only one. Recently bought a house in Haslingden👍

16 minutes ago, Stanleyhouse said:

We are a little club, living the dream playing at such a high level that I couldn't have imagined when I started watching Stanley playing in the old Cheshire League.

Our supporters will chat openly with you over a pint before the match. 

You are our guests and we aim to treat you well so that you'll return the next time we play.

One of the main reasons I came on here was that I sent information to your SLO but had no reply. 

Plod are directing coaches away from the centre of accy so they clearly don’t want us to have a pint together!

On 15/11/2021 at 07:00, Stanleyhouse said:

5397 was our largest attendance in the FA Cup 4th Round 2018/19 against Derby.

We've played Burnley, Newcastle, Forest, Leicester, Fulham in other cup matches. 

Stanley

Do your club see ours as a big fixture..as fas as number of away fans yes of course. But we live on the fumes of our long distant past and have done for years.

I see us as a mediocre L1 team, poor players, management and structure.

Do you see us that way? Interested to hear your perspective

All the best for the season, this is a top thing to do and I take my hat off to you and your club

On 14/11/2021 at 21:36, Stanleyhouse said:

My name is Robert and I'm the Supporter Liaison Officer at Accrington Stanley.

As it is the first meeting between our two clubs and the majority of you won't have been to Accrington before I thought i'd start a thread for Wednesday fans to ask questions about your visit on Saturday. I'll do my best to answer. 

Hi Robert..have you heard anything about local plod not wanting coaches dropping off in the town centre?? 

On 15/11/2021 at 15:05, A47Owl said:

We used to have some "Bad Boys" at our club but Darren Moore said "I'm your man" you gotta have "Faith". There were a few "Careless Whispers" which got one or two into trouble "Last Christmas". We now have some "Young Guns" and we're "Club Fantastic". 

If you don't know Wham then "Wake me up before you go go". 

That's enough. 

Great stuff!😂👍👍

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, 442 said:

Plod are directing coaches away from the centre of accy so they clearly don’t want us to have a pint together!

I'm not aware of that. However our fans don't drink in the town centre. They use the fanzone or pubs around the stadium. I believe we are opening it at 12pm now for your fans to enjoy. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Andy W said:

Stanley

Do your club see ours as a big fixture..as fas as number of away fans yes of course. But we live on the fumes of our long distant past and have done for years.

I see us as a mediocre L1 team, poor players, management and structure.

Do you see us that way? Interested to hear your perspective

All the best for the season, this is a top thing to do and I take my hat off to you and your club

Of course our fans see you as a big club  They can't wait to visit Hillsborough next month. 

Remember every club is bigger than ours and it was only 20 years ago we were playing Frickley, Worksop and Emley. Accrington has only got a population of 36,000 too.