Have we ever had a Moore negative manager?

19 minutes ago, Owlstastic said:

I'm trying but it's really hard to be honest. No way we deserved that result today. The players can be so much better than that, you can see it. Moore is stifling them with his shocking "tactics". 

It’s not just the tactics you can see it’s what’s going on on the training pitch.

They are obviously being drilled on these small triangles, passing out from the back, but it just doesn’t seem to work, the triangles just get smaller and smaller, until we make a mistake and put ourselves in trouble. Then at half time we turn to a bit of hoof ball, which seems to work better for us, which I don’t think works everytime.

Saw the half time stats and we had nearly 50-50 possession, but because we did so little with it, it didn’t feel like that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I hope It clicks, but I'm sat here listening to him on the radio and the blokes off his ********.

Knackers to what other teams are good at and adjusting to them. Opposition need to be worrying about us.

Edited by Maddogbob
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Ronio said:

I will back Moore.  We need to give him time.  

We are sat 1 point from the playoffs and we have yet to get out of second gear.  

When things click, and they will, we will run riot.  

No they won’t, we’re getting worse match by match

• Like 3

I always thought scoring goals would be a problem and that’s proven to be the case. In all fairness this was a problem prior to his arrival. As we’re seeing it doesn’t appear to be a problem that he can solve quickly.

On the flip side we’re doing ok defensively and we’re having to do. Some have already made their mind up on Moore and want him out which is fair enough. I think we have to give him more time as I don’t see who we could get who would do the job that’s required. I fear this is a long term job for someone and this could still be Moore and there may be more pain before we come out of the other side?

10 minutes ago, Ronio said:

I will back Moore.  We need to give him time.  

We are sat 1 point from the playoffs and we have yet to get out of second gear.  

When things click, and they will, we will run riot.  

Sorry but I think your running on blind optimism. Things should be starting to click already, steady signs of improvement and that includes style of play as each game passes. This team seems to be looking worse and worse as each game passes in my opinion. Let's be right if it wasn't for Bolton been so wasteful infront of goal we could have lost that quite comfortably. Moore's philosophy and constant tinkering of formation/match day team is going to hold us back major.

Edited by Johnny Concrete
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Didn't go or watch but at a guess..reading here it was woefully inadequate.

But a wins a win and well within touching distance of top 6.

So really,  if a *great footballing side like Bolton fail to beat us, the future looks bright.

BTW I expected Moore to be sacked before Halloween. That would seem very unlikely now because there is simply no argument if a win...no matter how poor.

Just now, Johnny Concrete said:

Sorry but I think your running on blind optimism. Things should be starting to click already, steady signs of improvement and that includes style of play as each game passes. This team seems to looking worse and worse as each game passes in my opinion. Let's be right if it wasn't for Bolton been so wasteful in front of goal we could have lost that quite comfortably. Moore's philosophy and constant tinkering of formation/match day team is going to hold us back major.

I disagree.  

We won today in what is essentially a results business.  Sat 1 point off the playoffs is hardly blind optimism, that is based on facts.  If we were hovering above the relegation zone having lost today then maybe I would be agreeing with you and putting hope and blind optimism above all else.  

We went to Wigan and took all three points against a team running rampant at the top.  

There are signs that show glimpses of what are capable of.  We just haven't been consistent in doing so, especially looking at our performances.  

I still believe we will improve as a team, something which will take time. 

• Like 3

Just now, Ronio said:

I disagree.  

We won today in what is essentially a results business.  Sat 1 point off the playoffs is hardly blind optimism, that is based on facts.  If we were hovering above the relegation zone having lost today then maybe I would be agreeing with you and putting hope and blind optimism above all else.  

We went to Wigan and took all three points against a team running rampant at the top.  

There are signs that show glimpses of what are capable of.  We just haven't been consistent in doing so, especially looking at our performances.  

I still believe we will improve as a team, something which will take time. 

I mean, with such a small points difference between the teams because we’ve played so many little games, the table is irrelevant at this stage of the season.

Which is why I didn’t get those getting excited because we’d beaten ‘table topping’ Wigan 

They’re all false positions until at least halfway through the season when the league properly takes shape