Have we ever had a Moore negative manager?

Just now, FreshOwl said:

I mean, with such a small points difference between the teams because we’ve played so many little games, the table is irrelevant at this stage of the season.

Which is why I didn’t get those getting excited because we’d beaten ‘table topping’ Wigan 

They’re all false positions until at least halfway through the season when the league properly takes shape 

I've highlighted the important bit.  

The table is massively important at this stage of the season.  

I don't know if you remember a while ago, Hirsty Saloppettes had a very good thread, a stats thread that says the first third of the season almost sets in stone how teams will go on to progress.  

As in the fist 15 games will give us a real indicator for the season ahead.  

Pick up some more wins on the trot and will will make significant strides forward as one of the main contenders in the division. 

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Jim said:

I always thought scoring goals would be a problem and that’s proven to be the case. In all fairness this was a problem prior to his arrival. As we’re seeing it doesn’t appear to be a problem that he can solve quickly.

On the flip side we’re doing ok defensively and we’re having to do. Some have already made their mind up on Moore and want him out which is fair enough.

In recent times Wednesday have been terrible at getting goals… however, we’ve got new forwards and new wide players, and when we have crossed the ball this season we’ve scored more often than not. 

People want to see a bit more attacking intent and some cohesion I think. 

As for people having made their mind up on Moore early, I’d say he’s been liked from day one by most - despite him achieving little people have been OK with him because he’s a nice guy - until recently. 

Well I havnt been today, watched on I follow or listened to a commentary, all intentionally, although I did keep checking the score on fotmob but I do digest people's opinions on owlstalk after every game and never before have I experienced a majority of negative comments following a win, its incredible and I agree with them all, DC please listen to the fans before it's too late. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

In recent times Wednesday have been terrible at getting goals… however, we’ve got new forwards and new wide players, and when we have crossed the ball this season we’ve scored more often than not. 

People want to see a bit more attacking intent and some cohesion I think. 

As for people having made their mind up on Moore early, I’d say he’s been liked from day one by most - despite him achieving little people have been OK with him because he’s a nice guy - until recently. 

I take your point. I’d like him to succeed as most do. Given the amount of players signed I feel we need to give him more time. I see all this papering over the cracks sh!t but we’re not that far off the pace despite the constant team changes and performances. I still think the likes of Gregory and Berahino will give us an edge come the end of the season. We just have to hang in there.

2 hours ago, RichieB said:

Just enjoy the win tonight 

You have to. Because what we did for the 20 odd mins after was criminal in my book. Sit deep and defend lads. What the feck of a signal is that. It’s a signal of I don’t think we can score again and I’m scared we might conceed. How feckless and negative is that? 
Had they have scored in last few minutes then you have wasted the previous 15 trying to defend instead of trying to kill the game off. 
Happy to take the points but not the performance in the last 20. 

• Thanks 1

I haven't read the full thread, but the managers under DC are getting worse.

First we had Carlos who was mostly great in his first season and it went down hill after that. He should have been relieved after the second season.

Jos comes in and steadies the ship while basically having half of the squad out injured, made some weird decisions like basically the 5-5 formation away at Millwall, ended the season rather well and was trying to change the squad to be more younger etc, but took all the blame for DC and got threw under the bus by him. He wasn't the best manager for our leagues, but with hindsight I would have allowed him to do what he wanted to do more i.e. get rid of the players who he didn't want, be more open about it all and actually allow him to bring in more of his own staff and players etc. as we were under embargos and he only brought in his assistant manager/3 players I think, Pelupessy and then Hector + Onomah on loan. I think we would be better off if these things etc. were allowed to happen. We were more focused on the manager at the time though instead of the owner and the players.

Bruce was on holiday more than he managered us basically, re-signed a lot of the players Jos didn't want etc. and then left.

Monk comes in and does well for around the first couple of months until around December and then nose dives. He shouldn't have been here for the second season, gets sacked around 10 games in I think anyway.

Pulis only lasted 10 games and won 1, mainly playing 5-4-1 with mostly defenders.

Now we have Moore who seems to have lost his brain. As you might have noticed I couldn't be bothered to discuss all the negatives for the managers. Purely on them being managers for us I would rank them as: Bruce, Carlos, Jos, Monk, Moore and Pulis. To be honest you can't really rank them.

Looking at the managerial changes you have Carlos who is basically a budget Mourinho who had the cash DC spent, then you go with Jos for more discipline (his nickname if I remember was the little General) and to try to do the opposite from before with the money and players etc, then you go all in again with Bruce and lose, Monk comes in months later and didn't really want the job in his own words saying so sometime after he left, then you go with Pulis who was actually a dinosaur for us and finally you wait months again and bring in a failing League 1 manager at Doncaster who plays a kinda possession based football etc. for a relegation scrap. Then you allow him to change the squad, which was one of the same things that resulted in the beginning of his downfall at Doncaster.

I'm sorry I've went on a ramble/rant, but I just whished we could actually get a good manager for once or better yet DC just finally sells up. I was actually surprised from the reaction on here from yesterdays victory, I think it sums up on how the fans feel in general. We're the next Newcastle under Ashley, but crapper and without people who know what to do. UTO anyway!

:duntmatter:

Also I'm sure all the managers eventually find this for which team to pick that is left behind by the previous man, Carlos or DC/Att must have owned it or something:

hPr3Pz.giflol 

Yesterday’s line up and formation looked like a manager out of ideas to me. 

We should never start with a back 5 and Hutchinson just in front of them. 

Is there any wonder we couldn’t pass the ball forwards. 6 defenders, 3 forwards and then expecting Bannan to link everything together on his own. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Ronio said:

I've highlighted the important bit.  

The table is massively important at this stage of the season.  

I don't know if you remember a while ago, Hirsty Saloppettes had a very good thread, a stats thread that says the first third of the season almost sets in stone how teams will go on to progress.  

As in the fist 15 games will give us a real indicator for the season ahead.  

Pick up some more wins on the trot and will will make significant strides forward as one of the main contenders in the division. 

Not really, 2019 /2020 season, after15 games played we were 7th, 23 games played and sat 3rd in the table. Finished 16th.