Have we ever had a Moore negative manager?

Moore practices a bit of respect. You praise what the opposite does well. You highlight it to your players. Then you prepare a gameplan to counteract the opponent. You explain to your players they must remain humble and stay with the gameplan to win. If you win again you highlight what the opponent does well as your telling every other team they will play and you remain humble about your own aspirations as you need everyone to remain working hard.

The alternative is some sort of Mourinho or Daglish sort of comedy match act. Its cringe outdated and achieves little over any sort of time. 

Credit to Moore keep doing what your doing. 

• Like 1

Anyway, willing to give him some more time despite a few misgivings.

Perhaps there is a great alternative out there but no one is standing our right now.

Hopefully, he can finally settle upon a team and formation. I do find it slightly mystifying that he wants to play a possession  based style but keeps chopping and changing every week.

Feel like the next few weeks are quite big ones for him tbh. Some winnable games on paper. 

Edited by SiJ

Every manager we’ve had since CC have all been the same tactically, try and grab a goal early then hang with 10 men behind the ball. Pulis was the worst for it, but Monk, Moore & Jos weren’t any better. 

Now more than ever in the last 3/4 years we have a squad that has the potential to be a really exciting attacking team yet we’re still trying to play the same way. Frustrating.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I consider myself fairly pessimistic. But good grief I can’t go over the moaning under the current manager.

Around 3 months ago, most fans were worried whether we’d still have a club to support following issues with wages.

You need to stop with these white knight posts after your Moore out tirade after Plymouth. The truth comes out when you’re drunk as they say 

I do not subscribe to this notion of negativity.  I think that Moore is continuing the behaviours of most of our recent managers in that they become defensive very quickly.  They become defensive in their opresss conferences and after match comment as well as defensive on the pitch.  They are in fear of something and I am not sure what it is.  Sadly it has become an ingrained culture within the club.  Only Steve Bruce in recent times has bucked this trend.  Remember Gary Monk and how he would spend the media time effectively saying nothing and how tight lipped Pulis was until his demise.  It is a much bigger phenomenon than a single manager

6 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

You need to stop with these white knight posts after your Moore out tirade after Plymouth. The truth comes out when you’re drunk as they say 

I talk some right crap when drunk. That argument is incredibly flawed.

Question Moore’s tactics but the anti Moore threads after a victory last weekend were so pathetic. Negative for negative’s sake. 

Sooner people realise this league is no walk in the park, the better.

26 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I talk some right crap when drunk. That argument is incredibly flawed.

Question Moore’s tactics but the anti Moore threads after a victory last weekend were so pathetic. Negative for negative’s sake. 

Sooner people realise this league is no walk in the park, the better.

Well, I am already fearing the 'wonderful football' that Wimbledon will confront us with after Moore's press conference. 

We are playing poor football and not making the most of what we have. I hope Moore gets it right but he needs a positive result and performance sooner rather than later.  

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Well, I am already fearing the 'wonderful football' that Wimbledon will confront us with after Moore's press conference. 

We are playing poor football and not making the most of what we have. I hope Moore gets it right but he needs a positive result and performance sooner rather than later.  

Our last game was a positive result

lol

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

Our last game was a positive result

lol

I knew you were going to reply with that.

I meant performance and result combined.

I don't mind winning ugly every now and again, it's a trait of good teams to win when playing poorly, good teams tend to play well every now and again though too! 

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I knew you were going to reply with that.

I meant performance and result combined.

I don't mind winning ugly every now and again, it's a trait of good teams to win when playing poorly, good teams tend to play well every now and again though too! 

Just the three points will do me. 

Don’t think we’ve been anywhere near as poor as people make out. It’s an ugly league. I haven’t personally rated any team we’ve played so far. The lack of quality is painful, but I wouldn’t say we’ve been awful. This is the level we’re at now.

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

Just the three points will do me. 

Don’t think we’ve been anywhere near as poor as people make out. It’s an ugly league. I haven’t personally rated any team we’ve played so far. The lack of quality is painful, but I wouldn’t say we’ve been awful. This is the level we’re at now.

Do you go to games still then?