WIGAN ~V~ WEDNESDAY -OMDT

I am now fully acclimatise to L1 football. All sides give the ball away loads and the winners are the side who have a moment or two or quality or make the least devastating mistakes. Tonight that was us. We really bullied Wigan at times. Not much quality apart from the goal and then there was a terrible mistake by them and a rubbish pen by us. Truth is I really enjoyed it.
UTO!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

If it shows up, vote Dunkley for me Phil will ya. Probably the only time he'll be in with a chance so I'm giving it him.

Lewis wing for me, 7 tackles, 2 interceptions, 1 key pass. Great performance in the middle of park without spectacular passes or showboating. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Miffed said:

Not at all

Some of the stuff posted in this thread has been a bit embarrassing to be fair

Like a bunch of lions circling waiting to pounce, waiting to pile in if we go behind.

Weve been far from world beaters but it’s hardly been the worst game ever 

Jackals and hyenas, not lions.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

That was a good win. I thought we dug in and battled for every ball. We were always going to be put under pressure but we handled it ok. I'm not sure about Wing, not got any pace. No Bannan makes you think. We need to keep that tempo in every game and we could be right up their challenging. It's only one game but it show's what we can do. uto

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

It’s hard to work out on here (having not watched the game) if we played well or battled through it. 

I actually think we need a few more battling wins - despite all the ‘fancier’ types of players we have. 

Bit of both. We battled well. Got stuck into them and hassled them. The goal summed it up. Gregory out muscled there player and a lovey strike by Patterson. Very entertaining to be fair. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

It’s hard to work out on here (having not watched the game) if we played well or battled through it. 

I actually think we need a few more battling wins - despite all the ‘fancier’ types of players we have. 

We outworked them, out fought them and we’re in their faces from first minute. Hardly a classic but some good bits in there. Moved the ball quickly, created a few chances, missed a 1on1 from penalty spot.,… great performance considering away to table toppers.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Much improved 2nd half so credit where credit's due. Deserved the win, they gave us a goal and we effectively gave them one back. For a side top of the league Wigan were poor though.

TBH I don't worry about us so much against the other 'big' teams in league one; it's the smaller sides who reckon Wednesday are their cup final that are more of a problem. Not the finished article tonight but badly needed the three points after Ipswich so will take it.

Still a WIP Wednesday for me

Edited by Marc_Degryse
Spelling

2 minutes ago, Pieman said:

Good performance tonight, deserved the win. Moore got the tactics and team spot on. Came out with real purpose second half and scored a good goal. Contained them for pretty much the whole game, bar 5/10 minutes at the end of each half.

Special mention for BPF - played really well, when called on.

Gregory and sh1thousery were the standouts, although everyone put a good shift in.

Great to see the rapturous chorus of ‘Darren Moore’s barmy army’ at the end. It felt like we are properly moving forward again.

Oh…..and absolutely brilliant away support tonight. We went a bit quite after they scored, you could feel nerves. But we roused ourselves for the final 5 minutes and got what we thoroughly deserved.

Can't argue with any of that!

Good post.

👍👍

• Like 1