WIGAN ~V~ WEDNESDAY -OMDT

2 hours ago, Jim said:

Gone for a similar side to the one that won at Rotherham. Anyway whatever the result Moore will get torn to bits on here afterwards and this is what it’ll be like until he’s sacked.

Apparently I did this with Monk so I’m leaving it to someone else this time 🤣

Well done Darren. You might’ve shut the experts up on here for 5 seconds. Anyway 15 points from the first 27 available isn’t too bad given we’ve conceded 3 penalties and had 6 of our first 9 games away from home. How skewed is that? It won’t stop some from

wanting Monk back though 🤣

• Like 1

Really enjoyed watching that tbh. Two teams going at it, admittedly not much quality other than Paterson’s goal and one lovely through ball for their big chance. 

Gregory more involved with players around him. My MOM. 

Paterson doing a madness again, as well as a nice bit of shithousery 😂

Defence looked solid despite a lot of pressure. 

BPF back to basics, two great saves. 

Brown, Adeniran and Johnson ran themselves ragged. 

Still not sure about Hutchinson in CM, and thought Wing was hot and cold. 

Great result, credit to Wigan as well. 

GET IN

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Better second half, better work rate, closing down and tempo. 

Good goal by Paterson, I make fun of him for being a RB, but had a decent game tonight. 

Unnecessarily hard work at the end though after another silly mistake. 

That said, the result is what matters and we move on to an important home game on Saturday looking up the table.

6 minutes ago, 4evaowl said:

Poor first half. Good 30 mins second half. Poor last 15 mins.

Result good, though Wigan were off it.

Have you ever thought that might have something to do with how we played. They played well in patches but still couldn't do enough.

Ok we got lucky with the first but that was due to pressure. 

Personally I think that is among the best games we've played in the last 2 to three years.

Despite two shocking substitutions we managed to win 

Palmer MoM for me 

Patterson needs to play regularly, cannot believe he has been left out 

Dunkerley is a accident waiting to happen and Iorfa does not seem confident playing at the side of him 

At least we sacked the playing it around at the back crap

Paterson star of the show there for me,  I think he’s just someone you have to persevere with,  he’s not gonna have a blinder every week but I think he’s a focal point for us and can be a massive handful at this level 

Jaden Brown I’ve been impressed with again,  I was a bit bemused as to why he hasn’t been played recently if am honest 

4 minutes ago, ruscol85 said:

Really enjoyed watching that tbh. Two teams going at it, admittedly not much quality other than Paterson’s goal and one lovely through ball for their big chance. 

Gregory more involved with players around him. My MOM. 

Paterson doing a madness again, as well as a nice bit of shithousery 😂

Defence looked solid despite a lot of pressure. 

BPF back to basics, two great saves. 

Brown, Adeniran and Johnson ran themselves ragged. 

Still not sure about Hutchinson in CM, and thought Wing was hot and cold. 

Great result, credit to Wigan as well. 

GET IN

Gregory, your MOM wtf were you watching? He was awful, easily worse player on pitch. How many times did he fail to control the ball from a throwing? The ball just bounces off of him! Dreadful performance.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, jonnyowl said:

Gregory, your MOM wtf were you watching? He was awful, easily worse player on pitch. How many times did he fail to control the ball from a throwing? The ball just bounces off of him! Dreadful performance.

😂😂 just quoted you in other thread. Watching different match I guess

4 minutes ago, Jim said:

Well done Darren. You might’ve shut the experts up on here for 5 seconds. Anyway 15 points from the first 27 available isn’t too bad given we’ve conceded 3 penalties and had 6 of our first 9 games away from home. How skewed is that? It won’t stop some from

wanting Monk back though 🤣

As bad as we have apparently been our current   PPG home/away would equate to 83 points over season so not a bad start even with throwing 4 points away in previous two games...

• Like 4

Decent game. Thought we looked the better team for the first 30 minutes of both halves.

We were always going to come under late pressure but thankfully we held on.

Thought BPK did great tonight considering he must have been feeling the pressure. 

• Like 1