Ipswich Town V Wednesday OMDT

3 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

I don’t like Bannan so far forward.

He’s our best player and it puts him almost completely out of the game.

I personally like it, free role for Bannan with Wing and Adeniran as the midfield two.  

I've always said that Bannan is at his most dangerous with the ball at his feet in those advanced positions.  Seems like Wings is also playing better in this set up. 

• Like 3

Thought that was an awful half from us. Very lucky to be in front. 

Palmer shocking in the opponent's half, Bannan anonymous, Berahino looks a wee bit wasted out wide... whole team struggling to do much save from that 10 minute spell where we scored. 

I think our squad is over-bloated.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Got a bit carried away walking the dog so missed the first 10 minutes. We were a bit flat until the goal but we’ve controlled the game pretty well since then. Wing has looked assured in the middle and Gregory is working really hard up front. Let’s get another goal early second half and put this to bed, they’re looking a bit rattled and the fans seem frustrated 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Quickly Kevin said:

Agreed.

Just wastes all the good build up play through his sloppy play.

Think he needs subbed for Hunt.

He's played well over 250 games for us but has never looked confident in the final third. No composure. Questionable why, if indeed we are trying to negotiate a contract extension IMO.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Palmer shocking in the opponent's half, Bannan anonymous, Berahino looks a wee bit wasted out wide... whole team struggling to do much save from that 10 minute spell where we scored. 

Mad to play Berahino out wide. Such a waste. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

It's blindingly obvious Saido should be partnering Gregory up front. But Moore is very stubborn with persisting with this 4-3-3 system, so I don't see how we'll get the best of him (or why we signed him in that case?).

Managers should surely be able to adapt formations. Seems like it's DM's one way, and he'll live or die by it, which just isn't good management and can't see it working here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Quickly Kevin said:

Agreed.

Just wastes all the good build up play through his sloppy play.

Think he needs subbed for Hunt.

Palmer is doing ok. Crossing isn't up to much but apart from that he's solid and getting forward. Hunts not exactly been pulling up trees.

2 minutes ago, Ronio said:

I've always said that Bannan is at his most dangerous with the ball at his feet in those advanced positions. 

Agreed he should have a free role...except not allowed to take corners, free kicks or pens.

Not allowed near the centre circle...

Just a semi free role in the final third. 🙂

• Haha 4