Derby- Enter Administration

It's beyond ridiculous now.

Football needs to take a long hard look at itself.

There's just too much money at the top, and greedy owners breaking their necks trying to get to it and risking everything, clubs that have been around for over a hundred years disappearing, and it's purely down to greed.

This really has to stop before the whole chuffing thing implodes.

Sky can just bugger off and give us our game back. We managed perfectly well without them before.

Whatever you think of the 'mighty rams', it's a very sad day.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

1 minute ago, MSN SYSOP said:

Parachute payments needs to stop immediately...clubs think we'll be ok we've got them so no problem.........actually yes it is

Yep.

It makes a farce of the competition.

Gives most teams who come down a huge advantage over most. 

I mean look at Fulham ffs. They're already bankrolled by a billionaire family and they get an additional 70 million when they come down every other season.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, MSN SYSOP said:

Parachute payments needs to stop immediately...clubs think we'll be ok we've got them so no problem.........actually yes it is

Agree but I will say it again as I've said on here many times. Parachute payments are not meant to be invested in the playing staff. They were designed to enable a club to adjust to reduced revenue streams upon relegation. If the rules were enforced and they weren't allowed to spend them on players then there wouldn't be an issue

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

Agree but I will say it again as I've said on here many times. Parachute payments are not meant to be invested in the playing staff. They were designed to enable a club to adjust to reduced revenue streams upon relegation. If the rules were enforced and they weren't allowed to spend them on players then there wouldn't be an issue

Don't think it will happen ...but it should happen 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Yep.

It makes a farce of the competition.

Gives most teams who come down a huge advantage over most. 

I mean look at Fulham ffs. They're already bankrolled by a billionaire family and they get an additional 70 million when they come down every other season.

There should be some sort of rule where it just pays the difference in wages or something as that is what it was designed for, to bridge the gap in wages. But on the whole its just used as extra transfer funds.

3 minutes ago, helmut_rooster said:

20210918_001510.jpg

Didn't want to finance it anymore did he. Now he doesn't have to. 

If the administrators can't find a buyer willing to take the club on, then there is a serious chance that Derby could go under. As I believe all football creditors get paid in full. No 10p in the pound for them.

So basically unless there is 20 odd million ( rough guess ) sat in a account somewhere or someone is willing to come in and pay this or the club can sell anything to raise the cash they need.  Then the club will go under.

Again I can't say I am 100% certain of this. But it's my understanding of it.

1 hour ago, MSN SYSOP said:

Colleen in Filey on beach......I'd pay to see that and with a kiss me quick squeeze me slow hat on riding a donkey 

She's been riding a donkey (well one silly ass) for quite some time now!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, pazowl55 said:

There should be some sort of rule where it just pays the difference in wages or something as that is what it was designed for, to bridge the gap in wages. But on the whole its just used as extra transfer funds.

TBH, rules should be in place that maximum wages apply to each level of the football pyramid. If a team goes down, then the wages automatically drop to the level of the lower league and it should be a statutory requirement of all players contracts.

If it were, then this problem of having to finance players on ridiculous wages wouldn't even exist.

• Like 5

Sky has totally knackered english football to the point beyond repair, by just pandering to the few, giving them an unfair advantage and a false sense  of empowerment, to the point that they can feel free to lecture to the rule makers in order that all the rules suit them.

Shove your sky dishes in the bin, kick them out of english football and lets take our game back!

FU Murdoch

• Like 2

DCFC had some punishment coming,  but still,  I hope they don't vanish forever.  Would it be accurate to say that Derby will survive if they find a new Owner?  Is that what it boils down to ?  Or could their present Owner do a Chansiri and realize the error of his ways?  

6 hours ago, ANDY said:

What is the reason behind these rules? If the supporters managed to somehow raise the millions to buy the club, they have already been hit with a 21 point deduction that guarantees relegation. Then the embargo will unsure they can't bring any players in for 2 years aside from cast-offs. And any good players will leave for a fraction of their true price.

Seems like it is almost guaranteeing another relegation to League Two. But the club will continue to lose money because of Morris, so might go out of business before they can finally turn it around. If they are lucky they'll be able to steady the ship in League Two like Bolton and Portsmouth did.