Derby- Enter Administration

12 minutes ago, Raminpeace said:

Oh well.

we’ve finally gone over the edge of the precipice. What can I say?

shafted by a total egotist / con man.

best scenario:

massive points deduction incoming.

relegation 

transfer ban for two years.

all the bright young players leaving on the cheap.

rooney hopefully walks along with the  jibbering-idiot Rosenior.

worst case - liquidation. 

Hope you come through it all with a club still left to support.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Raminpeace said:

you haven’t been reading my posts then.

I’ve read most of your posts, but a single fan doesn’t represent the entire fan base nor would I expect them to. There was enough derby fans feeling no sympathy to us last season as well.

Feel sorry for the businesses that this will affect and the low paid workers at the club though 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Raminpeace said:

He was one the useless tvats taking millions out of the club, when it was blatantly apparent that he was a fat wheezing lump who was finished.

he should have held his hand up. Admitted he was finished and retired.

instead he undermined Cocu to get his job.

Hope you survive matey but it looks perilous at the moment. 

Looking forward to seeing Colleen in a caravan in Mablethorpe the stuck up biatch. 

18 minutes ago, Basement Jack said:

Derby are a proper football club with proper supporters

Supporters never have control over decisions that are made involving clubs

But guess what? It’s the fans that always suffer.

If anyone should have empathy for Derby it’s Sheffield Wednesday fans because we know what it feels like to love a football club and have no control over what happens to it

They might not have had control over the decisions but its the fans that enjoy the outcome of cheating their competitors.

AFC Bournmouth created history and had a decent spell in the PL based on cheating fans of other clubs.
You often find that the fans who have gained from cheating often gloat and seem proud of cheating.

Wycombe fans (whose club abided by the agreed rules) deserve far more sympathy than Derby fans. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, RichieB said:

Football is a pile of shiit these days. 

As always it's the fans that suffer. 

Actually when a club cheats it’s the fans that gain.

Examples are AFC Bournemouth, QPR and more recently Aston Villa.

Thankfully clubs spending money they don’t have and going into admin is becoming rarer….compared to 15 years ago when it was quite common.

Another timely example of how the whole thing is fooked though.

They've chased the dream, bent/broke the rules and now find themselves on the brink. All of this for the right to lose to Burnley on Monday Night Football.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

I hope we don't do the crappy thing of enjoying their downfall.

Could easily have been us.

I'd like to see some solidarity amongst fans because we're all in the same shitshow.

Have lots of sympathy for fans and businesses who will suffer as a result of this but Morris deserves everything he gets. 

1 minute ago, Raminpeace said:

agreed but I know that plenty of Derby fans were looking at Wednesday and Birmingham with plenty of  empathy, concern, sympathy whatever. We certainly were not gloating at your points deduction. I argued that it was wrong. the fact that some fans breathed a sigh of relief after a 3-3 draw is understandable. I personally wasn’t bothered if we lost. As I said at the time, we had bigger problems to worry about. And here they are. 

Our problems were totally self-inflicted by one man. We understand that. I wouldn’t even blame Middlesbrough and Gibson or the EFL. I think he had a valid point. the EFL need to think about the impact of ffp, and the challenges facing championship clubs. I hope they also examine their own conduct. They should have challenged our accounting practices at the time. Not years later when forced to act belatedly. Our dubious amortisation calculation method was not a secret. Well documented by Swiss ramble at the time. Similarly I had no problem with Derby being forced to justify the stadium value. The EFL seemed to forget that they had apparently approved it at the time. My objection is that selling the stadium should not be allowed anyway. How can that be good? Does that not already indicate that the owner is unfit and that the club is suffering? The is surely the very thing that ffp should be there to prevent.

Whichever club lost the Derby-Villa play off final was going to get shafted, and the winner was going to reap rich rewards. This is the mess that football has become. One crap team selection by Frank later…..

We didn’t know what was going on behind the scenes. Only a month before that play off final, Mel Morris and Stephen Pearce  claimed that we were compliant and ok with regards to ffp. They concealed the fact that the ground had been sold. They took risks with EFL approval which was totally incompetent and negligent. 

Hopefully now we can begin the clean up operation.

Good post - I agree and the issue again what drives all this is as someone has said earlier Parachute Payments. The sooner they are stopped the better. 

The EFL are not going to admit failure, They are run by Rick Parry so nothing will get done, as it's always someone else's fault

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

Good post - I agree and the issue again what drives all this is as someone has said earlier Parachute Payments. The sooner they are stopped the better. 

The EFL are not going to admit failure, They are run by Rick Parry so nothing will get done, as it's always someone else's fault

Parachute payments needs to stop immediately...clubs think we'll be ok we've got them so no problem.........actually yes it is

• Like 2

You kinda figured things weren't quite right there with the whole Rooney deal.

It just smacked of a club with ideas above its station and delusions of grandeur.

They'd got quite a lot of attention from having Frank and fancied a bit more if it. 

I can't remember if Rooney coming on board was before or after the whole Keogh debacle too, but that was another red flag.

Very much a club that has become completely rotten to the core.

• Like 1