Derby- Enter Administration

They are fizzed, be interesting to see if any potential buyer will actually take them on, there’s going to be nothing left, guaranteed relegation this season who’s going to want to take over a club with a huge points deduction we’ve just started the season someone has to come in and carry it on knowing it’s all turned to crap.

Also got over 3 months until the transfer window opens administrators aren’t going to wait / keep the club going that long to move players on.

Feel for the fans and the small creditors but think they are in serious trouble 

Just now, Salmonbones said:

This isn't right no matter what.   Hang your head in shame.

Why for having an opinion different from the masseslol. Dry your eyes as they weren’t exactly rallying round when we were getting hammered off the EFL last season were they.

If you feel that bad get a bucket and give it a rattle at the match tomorrow 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, striker said:

They're properly fizzed. Feel for the supporters.

Not excusing the owner, but EFL surely shoulder some blame. Another club they've chosen to cripple by uncertainty, leading to financial insecurity, by trying to punish for breaching retrospectively applied rules.

I dont pretend to know much about Derby's situation, but didnt seem to have the same issues paying bills before the EFL got their hooks in to try and make them sustainable, under their arbitrary made up rules, quite ironic really.....and still no sign of punishment for clubs like Bournemouth, for example, who did materially and flagrantly breach rules, actually in place at the time of their last promotion.

Did Aston villa also think sod it and broke rules....if so should they be relegated again will EFL take action....I doubt it

• Like 1

For those gloating about this we are one mans (who’s previous judgement can only be described as naive/suspect) whim away from falling into this ourselves. Football needs to do a lot more to make sure this shouldn’t happen to football clubs but whilst everybody is chasing the golden goose I’m afraid a lot more will go the way of bury etc.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, swfc1983 said:

For those gloating about this we are one mans (who’s previous judgement can only be described as naive/suspect) whim away from falling into this ourselves. Football needs to do a lot more to make sure this shouldn’t happen to football clubs but whilst everybody is chasing the golden goose I’m afraid a lot more will go the way of bury etc.

I'm not gloating at all...I just think the EFL are something my doberman knocks out 1st thing in morning on her walk.

5 minutes ago, swfc1983 said:

There's one issue  that the EFL can do something about but won't, Is that of the Parachute Payments that Relegated PL teams get.Because it is that issue that is causing the other clubs to starting taking risks by massively overspending on Transfer Fees and Wages in trying to compete with the relegated teams.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

There's one issue  that the EFL can do something about but won't, Is that of the Parachute Payments that Relegated PL teams get.Because it is that issue that is causing the other clubs to starting taking risks by massively overspending on Transfer Fees and Wages in trying to compete with the relegated teams.

I 100% completely agree with that. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

Why for having an opinion different from the masseslol. Dry your eyes as they weren’t exactly rallying round when we were getting hammered off the EFL last season were they.

If you feel that bad get a bucket and give it a rattle at the match tomorrow 

Some people are a special kind of simple. 

We were king of hung out to dry, but equally we were bang to rights as well.

But because of that, you want Derby out of business.

You said you want Derby out of business.

That is stupid.

More often than not clubs go into admin towards the end of a season either to confirm the inevitable relegation and take the hit or if they think they are far enough up the table to avoid relegation.

Derby are looking at most of the season in front of them with a closed transfer window…can’t sell players only release them and a 2 year transfer ban to boot. Can’t ever think of a scenario like it, if I was a Derby fan I would be genuinely worried about there being a club left in the next couple of months.

• Like 1