Derby- Enter Administration

3 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

Thought he was being paid by that gambling company?

Also alot of rumours around his wealth as well.

Thought the gambling company only paid him as part of his initial player contract and that ended when he became manager?

His wealth really shouldn't be considered in terms of being able to pay off Derby's debts as some have suggested though. He has no connection to the club other than as an employee.  

I’m sad for Derby, they are a proud old club and their future is very precarious now.

You’ll get the experts saying it was nearly us and it could still be us but at the moment the choppy waters that the experienced Captain Birdseye’s on here were saying were really rough appear to have calmed somewhat?

I suppose a change in the weather is never far away but I think we should be happy that we are not in Derby County’s position this morning.

• Like 2
  • Love 4

31 minutes ago, owlinexile said:

We ARE in exactly the same mess.

We got relegated with a points deduction and still aren't allowed to spend any money on transfer or loan fees.

We are. Luckily we have a chairman willing to foot the bills he has helped create. 

Otherwise we would be on identical paths.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Thought the gambling company only paid him as part of his initial player contract and that ended when he became manager?

His wealth really shouldn't be considered in terms of being able to pay off Derby's debts as some have suggested though. He has no connection to the club other than as an employee.  

I've no idea, though the deal personally, was a little shady at the time imho. Another loophole. Perhaps our resident ram could educate us futher.

Totally agree, hes nothing more than an employee and his wealth shouldn't come into it, re bailing them out.

Kinda surprised he's not walked though, like you say he's got no really connection to the club.

9 minutes ago, Jim said:

I’m sad for Derby, they are a proud old club and their future is very precarious now.

You’ll get the experts saying it was nearly us and it could still be us but at the moment the choppy waters that the experienced Captain Birdseye’s on here were saying were really rough appear to have calmed somewhat?

I suppose a change in the weather is never far away but I think we should be happy that we are not in Derby County’s position this morning.

Excellent summery Jim.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

I've no idea, though the deal personally, was a little shady at the time imho. Another loophole. Perhaps our resident ram could educate us futher.

Totally agree, hes nothing more than an employee and his wealth shouldn't come into it, re bailing them out.

Kinda surprised he's not walked though, like you say he's got no really connection to the club.

Agree the initial deal seemed a little contrived to say the least, just think it came to an end a while a ago in respect of the betting company involvement, though I might be wrong.

I am also surprised he hasn't walked away. A cynic might say he is staying on as to protect his income from them, maybe I am a little gullible in that respect but I say fair play to him for carrying on as long as he has and plugging away at it. Nobody would really have blamed him had he packed in last season, never mind carrying on as long as he has. Who in their right mind worth any salt would take the job on now if he was to walk away. 

30 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Rules must have changed then. don't think this always used to be the case. 

I don't know about rule changes but I'm pretty sure HMRC have to be paid in full before anybody else. So basically any new owner will have to stump up £20m plus from the onset.

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

But that's not the fault of the system

That's the fault of the chairmen

Whilst I agree, it’s also the fault of the system in that the way there trying to prevent overspending does not work 

There has to be a better way, and let’s just remember we can blame the chairmen all day long but ultimately it’s the fans that suffer the punishments of the system 

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, owlinexile said:

We ARE in exactly the same mess.

We got relegated with a points deduction and still aren't allowed to spend any money on transfer or loan fees.

Sorry mate, I must have missed our 21 point deduction two year transfer ban and administration.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, mogbad said:

I don't know about rule changes but I'm pretty sure HMRC have to be paid in full before anybody else. So basically any new owner will have to stump up £20m plus from the onset.

Administration in football is different to Administration in other businesses though. Football creditors are the priority. But HMRC are probably still to be paid in full.

• Thanks 1

Guest LondonOwl313
6 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Administration in football is different to Administration in other businesses though. Football creditors are the priority. But HMRC are probably still to be paid in full.

HMRC would still take precedence over any rules football governing bodies come up with. Otherwise every industry would create their own order of preference with HMRC further down the pecking order.

The only thing that may be different is that a % of football club revenues are distributed by the EFL or PL to members. So those bodies could withhold that funding if the clubs owe other football creditors money.. if the club never receive it then HMRC can’t take it off them. But money and assets already within the company then HMRC would have first claim I’d have thought 

59 minutes ago, Jim said:

Well said... We live under the shadow of chansiri. 

its now a free hit for rooney but the bigger issue is Derby owner and the board. Let me divide the argument. Derby are a big club and good fans, this isnt on them but we are done before them which would affect the type of player signings we can get in and holding -12 at the time. Wycombe and Rotherham also. This sits completely on the EFL when you consider the scenarios for me. Messy is an understatement but i wish Derby fans the best going forwards, they don't deserve this either.

14 hours ago, soldierboyblue said:

Agree but I will say it again as I've said on here many times. Parachute payments are not meant to be invested in the playing staff. They were designed to enable a club to adjust to reduced revenue streams upon relegation. If the rules were enforced and they weren't allowed to spend them on players then there wouldn't be an issue

Exactly this, if clubs were made to use parachute payments the way they were intended, there wouldn't be a problem with them.

The fact that clubs are allowed to just use them to bring in even more players is a joke! 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, soldierboyblue said:

Bore off 

The logic of your argument is everyone out of business. All you will have left is to sit there and play with yourself ! lol  Derby may yet be saved by the Fan lead thingy majig who's report is due in October !

Edited by nevthelodgemoorowl