Derby- Enter Administration

9 hours ago, Raminpeace said:

agreed but I know that plenty of Derby fans were looking at Wednesday and Birmingham with plenty of  empathy, concern, sympathy whatever. We certainly were not gloating at your points deduction. I argued that it was wrong. the fact that some fans breathed a sigh of relief after a 3-3 draw is understandable. I personally wasn’t bothered if we lost. As I said at the time, we had bigger problems to worry about. And here they are. 

Our problems were totally self-inflicted by one man. We understand that. I wouldn’t even blame Middlesbrough and Gibson or the EFL. I think he had a valid point. the EFL need to think about the impact of ffp, and the challenges facing championship clubs. I hope they also examine their own conduct. They should have challenged our accounting practices at the time. Not years later when forced to act belatedly. Our dubious amortisation calculation method was not a secret. Well documented by Swiss ramble at the time. Similarly I had no problem with Derby being forced to justify the stadium value. The EFL seemed to forget that they had apparently approved it at the time. My objection is that selling the stadium should not be allowed anyway. How can that be good? Does that not already indicate that the owner is unfit and that the club is suffering? The is surely the very thing that ffp should be there to prevent.

Whichever club lost the Derby-Villa play off final was going to get shafted, and the winner was going to reap rich rewards. This is the mess that football has become. One crap team selection by Frank later…..

We didn’t know what was going on behind the scenes. Only a month before that play off final, Mel Morris and Stephen Pearce  claimed that we were compliant and ok with regards to ffp. They concealed the fact that the ground had been sold. They took risks with EFL approval which was totally incompetent and negligent. 

Hopefully now we can begin the clean up operation.

Hope it all sorts itself quickly. Death by a thousand cuts is horrible. We’ve definitely turned a corner and are in a much better place, despite what some of the no it all’s say. Hopefully, you will be there soon!

17 minutes ago, hasthagotanycheese said:

Can anybody say that Dejphon has realised the error of his ways?

Lets not forget the following:

We are now in L1 primarily down to a points deduction caused by his shambolic management of the clubs finances.

We no longer own our own ground.

It was only in the last few weeks that the club started to begrudgingly give refunds to fans who had been waiting ages for their season ticket money back.

The amazing team assembled by Moore & Chansiri got tonked by Plymouth last week after the previous defeat by Morecambe.

Call me a grumpy old curmudgeon but no Wednesday fan should be rimming Chansiri right now as we are still in a right mess ourselves.

Please lets never forget the total clusterphook he has made of OUR club. Things will only get better once he gets fed up with his expensive toy in England.

"We" have never owned our own ground.  It was once owned by the shareholders, but that ceased to apply when the totally inadequate board at the time had to ask the individual shareholders to forfeit all their shares and allow one man, MM, to own the Club, including the ground.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dumboldowl said:

"We" have never owned our own ground.  It was once owned by the shareholders, but that ceased to apply when the totally inadequate board at the time had to ask the individual shareholders to forfeit all their shares and allow one man, MM, to own the Club, including the ground.

Think you will find that we now have to pay rent on it, whereas previously we didnt. In effect we are now merely tennants at Hillsborough. That state of affairs has been brought about by one clueless individual, who is still in charge by the way.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Neon Nick said:

DCFC had some punishment coming,  but still,  I hope they don't vanish forever.  Would it be accurate to say that Derby will survive if they find a new Owner?  Is that what it boils down to ?  Or could their present Owner do a Chansiri and realize the error of his ways?  

As far as I am aware. Mel Morris has gone. By putting the club into administration he washes his hands of it. Basically saying I can no longer pay or want to pay for the club anymore. 

Basically yeah. They need to find a new owner or a pot of money stashed in a players locker.

• Thanks 1

It’s tough on the fans of the club and I do have sympathy for them. But you can’t feel sorry for the people who have run the club into the ground. COVID obviously hasn’t helped any clubs and I am a bit surprised rules haven’t been relaxed to allow for the dip in revenue but I think Derby have been heading in this direction for a long while now. 

5 hours ago, Plonk said:

Really concerned for Derby. When we were in this position, well very close, Mandaric was able to negotiate with our creditors to get a package, effectively buying everything for around £30 m.

Any one looking at DCFC have some major non negotiable debts to pay., and the club now has basically no assets and will be in division three next year.

I read the tax bill was around £20 m, then there are wages and payments due to other clubs. Plus the issue with the ground.

What a mess.

I am not entirely sure if the rules have changed and the tax bill is now a secured creditor where they have to be paid 100% of there money.

If it is and it's as high as you say it is then there is a high chance Derby could fold.  

Bleak times ahead for them. Even if they do find a buyer. Got to feel sorry for there fans. Could have easily been us.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, SwellOwl said:

A huge mess that has come to a head which is not surprising.

2 year embargo, guaranteed relegation and 100’s of club staff jobs on the line. It is them and the fans that feel the pain.

Morris couldn’t stop chasing the dream of the PL.

Also have to feel sorry for the small local businesses who are owed money by Derby.

Just out of numerous lockdowns, probably just about survived and now this.

• Like 1

Apparently they had a buyer lined up. That was subject to the EFL dispute being settled, which is why they agreed to the 9 points, feeing it gave the new owners time to keep them up.

That deal then collapsed leaving Morris with two options. Keep losing money or walk.

There is agreement that the company that now owns the ground ( KPM?) can buy the club if they go into admin. What’s not clear is if they have also gone into admin, or they don’t want to take up the option.

either way it’s looking like a 21 point deduction and two year transfer ban at the minimum.

This is what I was trying to point when people were saying Chansiri, should just walk. We would have been in exactly the same mess.

Awaits Niels Eric Morecombe “ be careful what you wish for” emoji.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Also have to feel sorry for the small local businesses who are owed money by Derby.

Just out of numerous lockdowns, probably just about survived and now this.

When you look at what’s happened at Leicester, Leeds and Southampton, where loads of small businesses probably went under, it’s appalling that they are paying out massive contracts while those businesses are lost forever. There should be some way that those families have a debt lodged to be paid if better days return. A bit like a Dave Allen has with us.

I, like many, can't stand Derby, Mel Morris or Rooney but football should be about bragging rights on the pitch not about how many points they might be deducted.

Every few months we seem to have another club threatened with admin, points deductions or worse which simply did not happen 20 years ago with the frequency they happen now

I hope Derby and their fans manage to find their way out of this

• Like 1

Suggest they start with Rooney's locker for the stash. Total mess and yes people break or bend the rules but the uneven playground caused by parachute payments has to be a big part of the reason why. All needs revamping from lessons learnt as lots of it does work but not all. Anyway good win today and we can then concentrate on us Moore and them less.

7 minutes ago, Plonk said:

I hope to God it doesn’t happen, but if a buyer can be found, and they are unable to complete their fixtures, what happens then?

EFL will boot them out of the league 

Yet another championship season dominated by points deductions,  wonder who next seasons victims will be 

It’s now not who will be the worst 3 teams in the champ to get relegated, it’s who’s gonna get deducted points 

55 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

I am not entirely sure if the rules have changed and the tax bill is now a secured creditor where they have to be paid 100% of there money.

If it is and it's as high as you say it is then there is a high chance Derby could fold.  

Bleak times ahead for them. Even if they do find a buyer. Got to feel sorry for there fans. Could have easily been us.

The tax man is the first person that gets paid - look at what happened at Rangers and Wigan

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

EFL will boot them out of the league 

I was thinking more in terms of the precedent set with Bury. With points taken, did their games just become void. One team less relegated or one more promoted. Can’t remember with all the arguments going on that time. 

5 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Yet another championship season dominated by points deductions,  wonder who next seasons victims will be 

It’s now not who will be the worst 3 teams in the champ to get relegated, it’s who’s gonna get deducted points 

But that's not the fault of the system

That's the fault of the chairmen

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop