Derby- Enter Administration

13 minutes ago, the third man said:

Surely they cant take the full hit of all the points this season, if one set of points deduction sends them down the rest must go onto next season

That would seem unbelievably harsh on the Derby fans. Whilst we all want to see clubs well managed it always seems to be the fans that suffer through no fault of their own.

I really didn't think another club would screw up harder than us, but sweet Jesus Derby have really gone for it.

Feel sorry for the fans, but brighter days ahead once this season is out of the way.

Ruins the championship as a competition again. Oh well.

52 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Administration is not cheap, often results in assets being sold on the cheap and carries with it a twelve points deduction.

Ultimately it will be more attractive to a buyer but only after much pain as Wigan fans will testify to.

Doesn't it only clear not footballing debts aswell. Of which I believe are less than half of Derby's total debt.

Or am I wrong here???

5 minutes ago, Hootsman said:

That would seem unbelievably harsh on the Derby fans. Whilst we all want to see clubs well managed it always seems to be the fans that suffer through no fault of their own.

It would but he’s right, why can they just say ‘deduct us 21 points now, send us down then we’ll start fresh next swason?’ How is that fair with the amount of charges against them?

21 minutes ago, the third man said:

Surely they cant take the full hit of all the points this season, if one set of points deduction sends them down the rest must go onto next season

That was my first thought but it's early enough in the season that it'll be all this year I reckon, as the first punishment doesn't mathematically relegate them, which of course it won't. 

Lots of rumours about a 9 point deduction the last few days so the timing of this is interesting