Wednesday - V- Newcastle kids - Papa Johns wotsit - OMDT

6 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

That's how I see it, too.

There are certain criteria which have to be met, though...

EFL clubs must have at least four 'qualifying' outfield players in their line-ups, with players needing to meet these requirements:

• Any player who started the previous or following first-team fixture
  • Any player who is in the top 10 players at the club who have made the most starting appearances in league and domestic cup competitions that season
  • Any player with 40 or more first-team appearances in their career
  • Any player on loan from a Premier League club or any EFL 'Category One' academy club
  • A club can play any eligible goalkeeper in the competition

Start the four required players, then sub three of them after 1 minute. 

Stupid rule 

Pick a strong team , some regulars , some back up players and a couple of youngsters and try and win the damn thing. A trophy at Wembley is not to be sniffed at IMO. Plus we’ve lots of new players still adapting to each other and we lost our last match so need to get back to winning ways. 

• Like 3

Wondered how Snoots would treat this fixture, but as it has an OMDT I guess I'd better give it the respect he has and get behind the lads.

No prediction as I've no idea who's playing (us or them), but it is a chance for Wednesday to actually win something, which we haven't done for 30 years - so COME ON WEDNESDAY, if we've got to play the competition we may as well play to win it!

2 hours ago, dr. benway said:

Gives you an idea how the competition’s viewed when you have to have a set of rules to counteract clubs taking the pîss. 

Still, an excuse to watch a bit of football free of any stress. 

Or jeopardy... and thus maybe enjoyment... We shall see. If we get to the knockouts I might start caring. Though I still think we should aim to win it.

3 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

As embarrassing as this competition is surely we won’t lose to an U21 side 

Depends, you have stressed you want us to play as many of our under 21’s as possible and not risk injuring first team players. If we do that then I’d assume Newcastle will beat our under 21 team quite easily.  

• Like 1