Wednesday - V- Newcastle kids - Papa Johns wotsit - OMDT

1 hour ago, Southie_Owl said:

Sadly our best fringe player has long since retired 

067A7DA7-47A7-425D-BF2D-22EF0CB36DCE.jpeg

He was really good in The Office I thought. Didn't realise he played for us once.

Anyway, to tonight's game. I really could give a flying fox about the result.

But I'll still be disappointed if we lose.....

6 hours ago, Weshallovercome said:

I wish he'd clean that spot off on his wall, my screen didn't need cleaning apparently.

He's right, we should try and win this daft cup.

Same! Thought it was a fleck on the screen.

Wouldn't come off, so I was scraping my nail over it!

• Haha 1

I completely agree about the Mickey mouse nature of the competition and I think that's emphasised by Premier league youth teams being involved.

However I'm still going and I still want to win.

This is the road to Wembley, UTO.

A waste of time competition, a reserve game, quite literally evidenced by the opposition.Wholesale changes, give players some minutes to build match fitness.

Dont care about the rules about playing so many established players, who gives a fizz. Let them kick us out of the competition, no loss at all. Suspect it's going to cost more to put the game on tonight than will be generated in ticket revenue, so a fine, if incurred, may actually be cost effective.

• Like 1

Quite a few tickets being sold this morning. BTW I only just realised that it is a 7.00pm KO so beware otherwise you'll be turning up at half-time. Curious as our other two matches in the group appear to be 7.45pm. Maybe the Newcastle lads have to be back in bed early.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Imagine the final if it was Man City U21s v Chelsea U21s. :duntmatter:

Pep and Tuchel leading out the teams, would that really decrease the value of the competition as far as the sponsors are concerned?

Would the viewing figures be lower than Portsmouth v Salford? I somehow think not, though the actual attendance might be.

9 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Quite a few tickets being sold this morning. BTW I only just realised that it is a 7.00pm KO so beware otherwise you'll be turning up at half-time. Curious as our other two matches in the group appear to be 7.45pm. Maybe the Newcastle lads have to be back in bed early.

All blocks in central areas of South stand have sold out. 

I can see attendance been above 5,000 which will be highest of night by a distance. 

This time last year I'd have given anything to go to Hillsborough under the lights and this is another opportunity. 

Yes it's borderline embarrassing to be playing in the Pizza Cup but we are where we are for a reason. Let's just see how many people are bothered when we're on the cusp of a Wembley Final.  Remember playing Blackpool in this about 10 years ago in a two legged semi that we lost - people definitely cared then! 

9 minutes ago, tjchitt86 said:

This time last year I'd have given anything to go to Hillsborough under the lights and this is another opportunity. 

Yes it's borderline embarrassing to be playing in the Pizza Cup but we are where we are for a reason. Let's just see how many people are bothered when we're on the cusp of a Wembley Final.  Remember playing Blackpool in this about 10 years ago in a two legged semi that we lost - people definitely cared then! 

20,000 turned up at Hillsborough for that game, I remember 10,000 in previous round against Scunthorpe.