Jump to content

Wednesday - V- Newcastle kids - Papa Johns wotsit - OMDT


Recommended Posts

I don't risk a single first choice player for this fixture, certainly not Gregory, Byers or Hunt. I utilise the players in our squad that are needing a full game and the rest I make up with youngsters. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"Oh?"

 

"He's not the manager of their U21 side"

 

"Under 21's!? Out! Get out!  Get out!  Wake me when we play Plymouth"

 

I do believe we have been (Metorphorically) caught with our trousers down your Lordship.  A fixtur crisis of gigantic proportions. We have a few first team injuries. But that is not the cruxt of the matter. As we kick off at 7pm so will our Under 23's be kicking off at Colchester no less. So the question arrises of which is the more important game ? 

 

One to Ponder, one to ponder indeed !  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Morepork said:

I don't risk a single first choice player for this fixture, certainly not Gregory, Byers or Hunt. I utilise the players in our squad that are needing a full game and the rest I make up with youngsters. 

 

That's how I see it, too.

 

 There are certain criteria which have to be met, though...

 

EFL clubs must have at least four 'qualifying' outfield players in their line-ups, with players needing to meet these requirements:

  • Any player who started the previous or following first-team fixture
  • Any player who is in the top 10 players at the club who have made the most starting appearances in league and domestic cup competitions that season
  • Any player with 40 or more first-team appearances in their career
  • Any player on loan from a Premier League club or any EFL 'Category One' academy club
  • A club can play any eligible goalkeeper in the competition
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

 

That's how I see it, too.

 

 There are certain criteria which have to be met, though...

 

EFL clubs must have at least four 'qualifying' outfield players in their line-ups, with players needing to meet these requirements:

  • Any player who started the previous or following first-team fixture
  • Any player who is in the top 10 players at the club who have made the most starting appearances in league and domestic cup competitions that season
  • Any player with 40 or more first-team appearances in their career
  • Any player on loan from a Premier League club or any EFL 'Category One' academy club
  • A club can play any eligible goalkeeper in the competition

 

Yeah but if your injured.....:ph34r: What's that mean in reality? Brown is one, Wildsmith another, Corbeanu and Gibson?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Morepork said:

 

Yeah but if your injured.....:ph34r: What's that mean in reality? Brown is one, Wildsmith another, Corbeanu and Gibson?

 

They're quite easily met, as you say. Fortunately for us, the players you'd imagine we want to use in this game tick the boxes anyway.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quite looking forward to this. Hoping to see more of Corbeanu and a bit of sow and Gibson and also some of our younger squad members. It is what it is and we're in it so we might aswell play to win it. 3-1 wednesday. 

UTO

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...