Rotherham Utd - V - Wednesday OMDT

1 minute ago, Southie_Owl said:

That was a battle.  Rotherham were everywhere, and our players hung in and then got the job done. Not many teams will come away with 3 points from the micro pigs this season. UTO

Don't always think they will play like that. Stepped it up today, but that takes some doing week in week out.

14 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

So Moore knows how to pick a team better than us on here. 

Who would have guessed!!!

lol

Right, but just because we're winning now doesn't totally vindicate the decision to go with the starting line up we, er, started with.

Who's to say that if we'd started with the team that started the last match we wouldn't have been three up at half time?

By the sounds of things, we were lucky to go into halftime all square. Imagine if it'd been 2-0 instead. 

Not having a go, but it's always easy to play Monday morning quarterback and say that everything followed a certain narrative and was almost pre-ordained.

Great win and I'm as happy as anyone else, but it could have gone very differently if they'd scored in the first half. The penalty save was massive.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

FT 0-2

Massive win that.  Huge.  Payback for last season.  If we had come out of that game with a draw, I would have taken it. So to get all three points.  Happy days.

Another clean sheet.  4 in a row.  BPF absolutely immense today.  

The first half, we were aren't the races.  We didn't play like a cohesive unit, and toytown were on top of us for significant periods but without really getting any clear cut chances.  

The second half, I think following the subs, we were much more combative, we battled for everything and actually started to look like a team.  

Top of the league, get in.  Moore is doing a superb job so far, keep it going Darren.  

Have a nice evening all,

Onwards and upwards

UTO!!!

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, S6 Stroller said:

I don't know about anyone else, but I feel fckin' great. Get in Wednesday!

Agreed... last 12 months or so really lost my pride and passion in the club/team... now I can feel a stirring in the old loins again

• Like 2

Whilst BPF will get plaudits for the penalty save, Dominic Iorfa and Chey Dunkley were fantastic in the centre today. Rarely put a foot wrong and dealt with everything Rotherham threw at us

These three points were a typical tough away performance. Especially when our attacking play was pretty poor throughout most of the game.

Great 3 points.

• Like 2

Just now, parkfieldowl14 said:

And to think,we've still not hit top form yet.More to come from the Lads as the season progresses.

Hope so, it definitely feels like we're still figuring ourselves out. Increasingly I'm wondering if Wing won't be part of the usual starting XI though... Adeniran, Luongo and Byers have all looked better, but still very very early days.

I think if that's the sort of selection dilemma we have, it's inevitable we will be very dominant on the ball in most games.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ronio said:

FT 0-2

Massive win that.  Huge.  Payback for last season.  If we had come out of that game with a draw, I would have taken it. So to get all three points.  Happy days.

Another clean sheet.  4 in a row.  BPF absolutely immense today.  

The first half, we were aren't the races.  We didn't play like a cohesive unit, and toytown were on top of us for significant periods but without really getting any clear cut chances.  

The second half, I think following the subs, we were much more combative, we battled for everything and actually started to look like a team.  

Top of the league, get in.  Moore is doing a superb job so far, keep it going Darren.  

Have a nice evening all,

Onwards and upwards

UTO!!!

5 clean sheets in a row 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, katie melua said:

Whilst BPF will get plaudits for the penalty save, Dominic Iorfa and Chey Dunkley were fantastic in the centre today. Rarely put a foot wrong and dealt with everything Rotherham threw at us

These three points were a typical tough away performance. Especially when our attacking play was pretty poor throughout most of the game.

Great 3 points.

I appreciate the decision was made for Moore via his injury, but IMO Dunkley was a better shout for today's game than Hutchinson. No disrespect to Hutchinson, but today was a day for a 6.5ft aerial presence. The fact we have that option to fall back on for days like these is invaluable.

Just now, ashamanic said:

Great result. Didn’t see the match, so I do t know about the performance, but the Rotherham fans seem to think they were the better team.

I can see why they'd say that, especially with biased spectacles on, but they were really very toothless in the second half. A lot of huff and puff, but bar the penalty I don't really recall BPF having the need to make a save in anger, and they really faded in the second half.

To be honest, overall you can argue we put in the ideal away performance, we controlled the game they ever really controlling the game if that makes sense. We just picked our moments and largely let them tire themselves out, like a big brother might do with a younger sibling.

• Like 3