Rotherham Utd - V - Wednesday OMDT

1 minute ago, beswetherick said:

Just found out my mate’s dad has passed away after a long illness. He took us to Hillsborough when we were kids and he was our Sunday league coach as well - he was like a father to me when I was younger. He would’ve loved that performance and result today. 

RIP Steve

Feel your loss mate. RIP

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

Just found out my mate’s dad has passed away after a long illness. He took us to Hillsborough when we were kids and he was our Sunday league coach as well - he was like a father to me when I was younger. He would’ve loved that performance and result today. 

RIP Steve

Sorry to hear that Bethers. All the best

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Osaka Owl said:

Right, but just because we're winning now doesn't totally vindicate the decision to go with the starting line up we, er, started with.

Who's to say that if we'd started with the team that started the last match we wouldn't have been three up at half time?

By the sounds of things, we were lucky to go into halftime all square. Imagine if it'd been 2-0 instead. 

Not having a go, but it's always easy to play Monday morning quarterback and say that everything followed a certain narrative and was almost pre-ordained.

Great win and I'm as happy as anyone else, but it could have gone very differently if they'd scored in the first half. The penalty save was massive.

Who's to say if he had gone with an alternative team we wouldn't have been losing at half time and then gone on to loss the match. Ifs and buts ain't it!

End of the day. We won. So he got it right.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Who's to say if he had gone with an alternative team we wouldn't have been losing at half time and then gone on to loss the match. Ifs and buts ain't it!

Exactly this! Football is a results business. If the results are good you were right. If they aren’t you were wrong. We won. Moore’s decisions were therefore right. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pazowl55 said:

Did he? Or did he just get lucky? 

The penalty is saved just before halftime. In the second half we score a goal where players are said to be offside. 

It's fine margins, but if we had lost this game and played as we did in the first half throughout the match, you know everyone on here would have been up in arms this evening.

How good is Moore tactically? God knows, I want him to be brilliant, but at this stage it's a small sample size we have to go on. Today it worked out all right. I believe we have the players to win the league, so a lot depends on him. 

Here's hoping. It's looking good so far. 🤞

• Like 2