Rotherham Utd - V - Wednesday OMDT

5 minutes ago, Osaka Owl said:

Did he? Or did he just get lucky? 

The penalty is saved just before halftime. In the second half we score a goal where players are said to be offside. 

It's fine margins, but if we had lost this game and played as we did in the first half throughout the match, you know everyone on here would have been up in arms this evening.

How good is Moore tactically? God knows, I want him to be brilliant, but at this stage it's a small sample size we have to go on. Today it worked out all right. I believe we have the players to win the league, so a lot depends on him. 

Here's hoping. It's looking good so far. 🤞

He bought in the personal he thought would beat Rotherham. They did. Had we lost then he would have had to face the criticism. But we didn't. Every team gets lucky now and again. Bout time we had some.

• Like 1

Haven't followed the game today. Was out in deepest wildest Derbyshire where they seemed to have switched tinternet off.

But I have to say the result has reyt cheered me up. Haad a rough few weeks but it's amazing how 11 men booting a ball round properly can bring you round.

If DM and his boys are reading, I'd like to say a bloody big thank you.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Osaka Owl said:

Did he? Or did he just get lucky? 

The penalty is saved just before halftime. In the second half we score a goal where players are said to be offside. 

It's fine margins, but if we had lost this game and played as we did in the first half throughout the match, you know everyone on here would have been up in arms this evening.

How good is Moore tactically? God knows, I want him to be brilliant, but at this stage it's a small sample size we have to go on. Today it worked out all right. I believe we have the players to win the league, so a lot depends on him. 

Here's hoping. It's looking good so far. 🤞

I think the more wins he can get under his belt early the more forgiving we will be when we do lose...  And we will lose, we have had the luck and there will be days that luck goes against us, the team will have an off day... 

At times we have not played great but the good teams when they are not playing great still get results...  Thats what we are doing atm..

• Like 3

Atm, it is all about getting points on the board and making sure we are in around that top 6.

The good football and performances will follow in due course.

Anyone complaining after that result and this start needs to give their head a wobble.

• Like 1

Guest LondonOwl313
3 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

He bought in the personal he thought would beat Rotherham. They did. Had we lost then he would have had to face the criticism. But we didn't. Every team gets lucky now and again. Bout time we had some.

England had the players to win the Euros but we didn’t because of the manager. We made the final playing within ourselves and everyone said trust the manager because we’re winning. He then got found out in the final and the negativity cost us in the end.

I don’t judge Moore in the same way because it’s a 46 game season rather than a 7 game tournament, but that wasn’t our best side today and we won anyway. There could be lots of reasons why he picked it, mainly fitness and managing the squad which is different to thinking it’s the best line up which is what Southgate did.

Performances are just as important as winning when trying to build something. 

Don't think anyone is complaining, I think it's more we haven't played particularly great in the 4 games yet we find ourselves top of the league , that in itself is a big positive .Today was about small margins, our keeper saves the penalty , if that goes in we probably lose the game as we aren't known for our comebacks.

I think everyone is chuffed we are top of the league but also realise it's very early days and supporting Sheffield Wednesday has recently been hard work so it's bound to make some fans cautious.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Watto said:

Don't think anyone is complaining, I think it's more we haven't played particularly great in the 4 games yet we find ourselves top of the league , that in itself is a big positive .Today was about small margins, our keeper saves the penalty , if that goes in we probably lose the game as we aren't known for our comebacks.

I think everyone is chuffed we are top of the league but also realise it's very early days and supporting Sheffield Wednesday has recently been hard work so it's bound to make some fans cautious.

Definitely this. 10 points in first four games and yet to concede......not a bad return for a new looking side in the gelling process. I think we all know there is going to be some teething problems along the way but I do trust Moore and his players to keep on the right track and even have the character to fight back from setbacks.

1 hour ago, LondonOwl313 said:

England had the players to win the Euros but we didn’t because of the manager. We made the final playing within ourselves and everyone said trust the manager because we’re winning. He then got found out in the final and the negativity cost us in the end.

I don’t judge Moore in the same way because it’s a 46 game season rather than a 7 game tournament, but that wasn’t our best side today and we won anyway. There could be lots of reasons why he picked it, mainly fitness and managing the squad which is different to thinking it’s the best line up which is what Southgate did.

Performances are just as important as winning when trying to build something. 

You would rather win 10 games badly then only 5 games playing well. Winning breads more confidence than performance does.

11 minutes ago, HootHoot said:

Why are people moaning? 3 wins and a draw? I don't care how we win, as long as we get a result.

Nothing else matters. Even better when we get Windass/Shodipo back!

Some people could receive a briefcase containing £1 million and moan about the colour of the briefcase. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Guest LondonOwl313
14 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

You would rather win 10 games badly then only 5 games playing well. Winning breads more confidence than performance does.

Thats the whole point though.. nobody wins 10 games playing badly, good performances mean results will come in the medium to long term even if they're bad in the short term. 

If you just win playing badly sooner or later the wheels fall off. Basically Garry Monk's reign.

25 minutes ago, HootHoot said:

Why are people moaning? 3 wins and a draw? I don't care how we win, as long as we get a result.

Nothing else matters. Even better when we get Windass/Shodipo back!

Nobody is moaning !