Rotherham Utd - V - Wednesday OMDT

Will be very interesting what Moore does when Windass & Shodipo are fully fit.

I though today’s team was quite negative we rode our luck and BPF had an amazing game, I think we have enough quality defensively to be much more attack minded 

He is not going to be able to keep all our attackers happy with hardly any game time 

As good a start as it is, we need to play to win not play to not lose, then try and win it in the latter stages of matches we’ll end up getting found out.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Guest Guzzler

Couldn’t make it yesterday.    But herd my song was been sang in concourse.  Of course it’s not my song.  It’s nicked of man United.  But they do have the best songs tbh.  So. Let’s get it going.  Every away match.   👏 👏 woke up this morning feeling fine 👏 got Sheffield Wednesday on my mind 👏 big daz got us playing like the Wednesday should 👏 oh yeh , 👏 something tells me I’m on to something good.   And repeat    Reyt song.  Trust me on this lads n lasses.  UTO FTP 👍

12 hours ago, Watto said:

Nobody is moaning !

11 hours ago, Box_Man said:

I though today’s team was quite negative we rode our luck and BPF had an amazing game, I think we have enough quality defensively to be much more attack minded 

He is not going to be able to keep all our attackers happy with hardly any game time 

As good a start as it is, we need to play to win not play to not lose, then try and win it in the latter stages of matches we’ll end up getting found out.

lol 

14 hours ago, Box_Man said:

Do you not think we played to win from the start against Fleetwood? 

Early days of course but 10 points from 4 games is a fine start and with more to come from 2 or 3 attacking players who haven't even been involved yet.

Not bad considering the doom and gloom on here through the summer with a fair few predicting we wouldn't have a team to start the season with at all.

The first half was tough, Rotherham put a lot of crosses in (16), we didn't have any, and we had to dig in. But until the penalty they didn't actually create much from these crosses. Kamberi had the best chance.

The xG is a bit deceptive as it includes a Rotherham penalty (0.7) which should have been a freekick 1-yard outside the box, which would have an xG of less than (0.1).

image.thumb.png.373635bc46ff06a83ff9d313b4fcfdf5.png

Were we lucky with the first goal? It is hard to say - it looked offside because Paterson was a yard or two beyond Harding, but looking at the replay Ihiekwe is 2 yards deeper than the rest of his defence on the right. The camera only pans across after the ball had travelled 30 yards. I suspect Paterson was onside but can't be 100% sure. Kamberi was definitely onside for the finish because he was behind the ball as Paterson passed it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Lets remember it wasn't a penalty in the first place..So justice was done there...having the ball means nothing unless you use it properly...Rotherham didn't, Wednesday had an occasion where they did...followed by a goal where Rotherham didn't....Fair enough result for me..

I am loving the start of the season and I’m far from moaning, it was a local scrappy derby, and hindsight is a wonderful thing, I just think we have some very talented attacking players at this level that’s before Windass and Shodipo are even in contention.

If we’ve got one of the best keepers, and one of the best defenders in Iorfa, and one of the best midfielders in Bannan, then we need to get after teams in this league and start the way we did against Fleetwood, let’s play our game and everyone can worry about us, rather than making multiple changes to counter the opposites as Carlos would say.

Anyway think we will turn Morecambe over and stay top of the league, nothing to fear in this division.