Who has been Wednesdays best ever Target Man?

1 minute ago, sacré bleu said:

John Ritchie

I was just going to post the same thing. Didn't bother holding it up or flicking it on, none of this laying it off. Just put it in the back of the net. Ha wasn't even a giant, he just got in the right place, jumped well, timed it to perfection and hammered it into the back of the net with his head.

My memory might be a bit skewed, I was only a nipper and he was a hero of mine.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

51 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Lee Chapman was such an ungainly player but was so effective for both us and Leeds.

Would say Steven Fletcher was probably best target man post Premier League but Lee Chapman was much braver than any player we have around these days.

The flying deck chair.

• Haha 1

Two stand out for me.
David Bronco Layne and John Ritchie because they were both good with the ball at their feet whilst also great target men. Lee Chapman for bravery and heading ability but not quite in the same league as those two.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Lomas613 said:

Tudgay fantastic header of the ball flicked on nicely most of the time.

That was my favourite thing about Tudgay, he had a fantastic leap. Would beat big centre backs in the air from goal kicks time after time. At his peak for us he deserved to play for a better team really. 

• Love 1

Tony Crane and Kim Olsen. Both giants of men who could do wonderous things with the ball and who dominated in the air.....*

*..... Claims of said players ability may be factually innacurate and wildly overstated.