Juventus Women Tweet … oh dear

7 hours ago, BIG D said:

How does this even happen these days?

Morons

Despite attempts by the media to suggest that the UK is uniquely racist and vile, we are actually fairly ahead of the curve when it comes to realising stuff like this really isn't 'alright' any more.

You should hear some of the poo my Spanish acquaintances come out with when they've had a couple of pints.

• Like 2

What a shameful non-apology, too.

'We're sorry if you were offended by something clearly inoffensive', basically. Which is bullsh*t.

That tweet doesn't have 'racial undertones'; it's just plain, old-fashioned, smack-you-around-the-face racism. To suggest otherwise is to attempt to gaslight those who quite rightly called them out for it.

On 08/08/2021 at 22:30, helmut_rooster said:

If not wanting to cause offense, wtf is this supposed to symbolise?

I'm willing to buy that it wasn't meant to cause offence.

Southern Europe can just be a bit... 1980s sometimes.  Those songs we used to sing about milking cows and stuff were never 'meant to cause offence'.  I doubt anyone had ever even seen a Chinese person.  Don't think we ever thought it through enough to realise anyone might actually be offended by it.

It's hard to argue with a straight face that they didn't realise it had 'racial undertones' though....