Charlton Ath -V- Wednesday OMDT

If Bannan had slotted that chance away (which he should have done), we would have been ecstatic. He did brilliantly to create the opportunity and will know he could have been the hero in front of those travelling Wednesdayites. Happy with the point and clean sheet with plenty to look forward to. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Markowski77 said:

We’ve got shodipo, Johnson, Theo & Gregory all to get match fit as our attacking talent - I’m not worried at all. Who will replace the 3 that started for us today 

this will take a few weeks most definitely- but In sequences there was positives. 

Defensively we looked solid - onwards and upwards

Plus windass.

Could have nicked it at end.  Defensively solid going forward looking like a team getting to know each other.

Gregory will make a big difference as a focal point who works his socks off..

Shodipo, windass, Johnson etc will add quality.

But it's a good foundation to have the strength at back to build on

Anyone who’s ever played against a team of hoof ball Shiites like Charlton will know it’s hard work. The ball pinging around, every things a 50/50 challenge. We allowed ourself to get dragged down to their level. We’ll have to learn to play our own game but we were comfortable and that’s good enough for me. 

• Like 2
  • Love 3

I'd have taken that a few weeks ago. Fairly solid at the back, Kamberi looks lively, a bit of tome to gel and players will find his runs and catch on to his little flicks. Adeniran looks good going forward and wins a lot of free kicks. Bannan appears to have learnt how to beat the first man from most corners and in few weeks time with a bit more sharpness would've scored his chance.

Wouldve been nice to get a winning start and 3pts but I'm not too disheartened by it. 

Come on Wednesday!! 

• Like 1

It's the third division.

There are going to be plenty of these sorts of games.  Rough and tumble.

First touches bouncing all over the park. 

But there's clearly a plan in place. A system in place. 

This squad has is still being put together and having final touches added to it 24 hours before kick-off. 

So it's not going to click straight away. There's a whole new group of players, of different personalities all been thrust together.

They have to find their feet in the team, the club and the City. 

With everything that has happened over the summer. The late business. We could have easily have gone there today and lost and it wouldn't have been a massive surprise , if we're being realistic. 

Charlton will be there or there about at the end of the season, there's plenty of team who will go there and struggle.

Opening day clean sheet and a point on the board. 

That has to be considered a positive start.

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

First game of season - **** loads of new players - massive turnaround in areas of the club and a point away from home at Charlton ? People need to give there heads a friggin wobble with the moaning … we have loads of options to come in when fit - it’s a good point today. 

2 minutes ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Said before the start a draw would be ok. Things to improve and build upon. Not too shabby for a first game. Well done

Absolutely.Given that it was a difficult trip to South East London where getting there by train is absolute nightmare. Charlton was my first London trip 40 years ago and we got hammered 3-0 

• Like 1

To get promotion this season the first thing we need is for all those fans who are crying already like babies because we didn’t trounce Charlton ten nil with champagne football to just have the season off entirely and leave this season to those who understand the situation and want to get behind the team 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Owlstalk Shop

I’d have been a bit worried if we’d have drawn 3-3. Wanted to see a solid base today based on the fact I don’t expect any of the front 3 to be starters in a couple of weeks. 

Shame we couldn’t knick it with Barry’s moment of magic

Edited by Random Task
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

It's the third division.

There are going to be plenty of these sorts of games.  Rough and tumble.

First touches bouncing all over the park. 

But there's clearly a plan in place. A system in place. 

This squad has is still being put together and having final touches added to it 24 hours before kick-off. 

So it's not going to click straight away. There's a whole new group of players, of different personalities all been thrust together.

They have to find their feet in the team, the club and the City. 

With everything that has happened over the summer. The late business. We could have easily have gone there today and lost and it wouldn't have been a massive surprise , if we're being realistic. 

Charlton will be there or there about at the end of the season, there's plenty of team who will go there and struggle.

Opening day clean sheet and a point on the board. 

That has to be considered a positive start.

This. Put far more eloquently than me 

• Like 1

Just now, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

TBH I think Kamberi could offer more than Gregory. Certainly more mobile with clever movement. When Bannan and Wing work him out I think he could be a surprise success. 

Yea true he looked ok and once he’s got 3 confident forwards that gel around him he might shine

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Anyone who’s ever played against a team of hoof ball Shiites like Charlton will know it’s hard work. The ball pinging around, every things a 50/50 challenge. We allowed ourself to get dragged down to their level. We’ll have to learn to play our own game but we were comfortable and that’s good enough for me. 

Absolutely.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, sexpistol said:

Palmer had an excellent game.

I don't usually like singling out players in a negative way, but because you've said that I have to say that I thought Palmer was really really poor today. Won nothing in the air, gave away a few stupid free kicks when he was never going to win the ball and offered nothing going forwards. Was the same last week against Huddersfield.

He was really impressive in the Championship a couple of seasons ago, so I thought this step down would give him an opportunity to regain some form, but he's getting worse. Hopefully against weaker opposition he'll be good enough, I've not completely written him off.

• Like 1