Charlton Ath -V- Wednesday OMDT

FT 0-0

That will do.  

A hard fought point in the end.  A clean sheet away from home must surely be looked at as a positive.

Wasn't the prettiest game to watch.  Defensively we were quite comfortable.  Offensively non existent.  New players and a lot of changes, so we can't expect to be firing on all cylinders just yet.  

All in all, if we draw our away games, and win our home games we will be up there.  

Onwards and upwards.

UTO!!

• Like 2

Charlton away was always a tough first game,  brand new side up against what’s probably one of the better sides in the division , I’ll take the point all day long 

Things to be improved on without doubt, but thought Hunt and Palmer were solid , Iorfa managed to deal with Stockley who I think will score plenty at this level 

Lacking on the attacking front,  Johnson will make a difference though when he’s fit and excited to see Corbeanu 

Not great, but really, only Green looked poor. Big improvement from last season, even if they stil aren’t creating anything.

Good league debut from Adeniran, though he faded in the second half and enough flashes of quality from Wing to suggest he’ll have a good season. Even Brown did better than I’d have thought up front, though once Johnson or Theo are more settled, I doubt he’ll stay there

Mostly a set of decent to good individual performances, with, as would be expected, limited cohesiveness. 

• Like 2

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Battling team performance that

Thought they gave it everything and then some against a very very physical side 

Pretty much,  Stockley is a brute , not many will deal with him at this level 

Guest Grandad

I didn't drive 400 mile round trip today to witness that absolute classic. What a season we have coming up. 

Awesome. 

2 minutes ago, whatdial said:

Poor game and again no shots. No midfielder breaking the lines is going to impact us. Disappointed Moore didn’t bring on corbeanu as brown tired in the second half. 

Still a decent point given our lack of forward play away from home. 

Did you miss Bannan's?

Fairly happy with a point away from home against a team that will be up there. 

Defensively i think we look decent.

Browns done ok but don’t think he’s a natural winger. Reminds me a bit of Helen, not really a full back or a winger. I think once Corbeanu, Johnson and Gregory are up to speed we’ll look much better going forward. 

Really like the look of Adeniran, Wing looks good in patches, more to come from him though I hope.

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Hutch and Bannan MOM’s for me

Also Id give our new keeper an award for hardest punch out ive ever seen 

I’d give him an award for the way he took Stockley out not long after he took Paterson out. 
Wouldn’t mind Stockley in a Wednesday poo tbf!

• Love 1

No shots on target by either team. No excuses. I believe there was plenty  of goals in the other League 1 (argh) matches. 

Must do better. A point is good but we never looked like we were going to score apart from Bannan near the end. He should have done better with that as he's a class act in this league (allegedly). 

Onwards and upwards. 

1 minute ago, whatdial said:

Poor game and again no shots. No midfielder breaking the lines is going to impact us. Disappointed Moore didn’t bring on corbeanu as brown tired in the second half. 

Still a decent point given our lack of forward play away from home. 

Yeah gotta say I thought Moore might have brought Corbeanu on atleast to run at their defence for the last 10 minutes, the lad for them Innis, solid in the air but very clumsy with the ball at his feet I think we should have attempted to expose him more.

Suppose a point and clean sheet isn't too bad for a new built side. Do think Green really needs to up his game though, I was expecting so much more from him and he's looking very poor so far.

• Like 1