Charlton Ath -V- Wednesday OMDT

Good result Wednesday. Have said we will need to be patient whilst some of these new players settle in and think there’s been some pretty unfair criticism on here today. Clean sheet against a side who finished last season really strongly. Could have nicked it at the end with Bannan. Well done lads

• Like 3

Gritty game that, I don’t think a point is a bad result. They were a tough side. Very impressed with Adeniran and Hunt. 

A week for the new lads to get to know each other better before Donny next week - very encouraging that our business is pretty much all done now rather than waiting right until the end of the window

• Like 3

If Charlton are supposed to be one of the strongest challengers I'm very happy with that performance and result. They defintely showed more than us, but we look competitive and with that being our first game with that many changes to the side we're only going to get better.

Very positive hopes for the season looking at that.

• Like 5

Just now, prowl said:

Not a great performance. Created very little but a point away against a decent team isn't a bad result at all. 

We will play better than that.

We weren’t terrible either. We defended very well against a team that may well be at the top end of the table.

• Like 2

To say the majority of the new signings haven't been with us throughout pre season (some haven't even played a game) it's not a bad result.

Id have taken a point before the game. Plenty of optimism for Charlton. Narrowly missed the playoffs last season and the new Owner is really getting the feel good factor back.

I am happy with that.

• Like 5

Defensively we look very good. Hunt very solid.

Still getting pushed backwards by opposition defences sending Bannan backwards.  Better than last season though .  I wonder if a fit Luongo adds a better goal scoring thread from midfield. 

hopefully against poorer teams and at home  we will get forward more .

solid Point

• Like 2