Charlton Ath -V- Wednesday OMDT

1 minute ago, Lord Snooty said:

Oh, I don't doubt they have it.

We just have to show a bit of patience for them to unlock it as a unit.

Hope you're right and I respect your judgement, ime not sure but then again we're not talking kane or shearer etc, the team needs to gel I guess, one step at a time. 

1 minute ago, debram said:

Hope you're right and I respect your judgement, ime not sure but then again we're not talking kane or shearer etc, the team needs to gel I guess, one step at a time. 

You know what it's like. Only takes something to bounce in off the arris and they go on a little run!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, caz92 said:

Both teams were defensively solid and had moments to win the game but neither can really say they deserved three points. Both teams have a solid base in place but are still waiting to blend in new attacking options and it showed.

From the oppo perspective, I thought Adeniran was good for your lot as well as Hutchinson and Iorfa who handled Stockley really well (most centre backs can’t contain him at this level).

You won’t concede many on that showing and expect you to be right up there challenging once the attacking pieces slot in.

Good luck for the season and see you at Hillsboro in February.

Fair assessment fella, totally echo those thoughts 

At this stage it's just good to see us with a solid well organised performance against a direct, physical side.

That's the base level we need to compete in this division and the main thing that could cause our downfall if we don't do it well.

We were clearly the side with the quality players out there today against one of the better sides in the division. A couple more weeks for the forward players to settle and we'll be fine.

Overall I'm encouraged by that performance and result.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Lord Snooty said:

You know what it's like. Only takes something to bounce in off the arris and they go on a little run!

Guess ime still dreaming of the de canio carbon days and not Tommy tynon (no disrespect) need to accept the reality of the moment. 

Just now, debram said:

Guess ime still dreaming of the de canio carbon days and not Tommy tynon (no disrespect) need to accept the reality of the moment. 

Division three, Debbers! 

Still, there's fun to be had. Days out to enjoy. 

Memories to make

They're our Wednesday boys!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Its the first 60 minutes of a brand new season with a brand new team in a brand new division 

But hey at least you gave the lads your patience and enough time before deciding the season was over 

So we don’t comment on the first month as the dynamic of the squad settles?

Players will step up, systems will crash, but why are you putting the blame on fans for calling out a very mediocre performance on the back of the some solid recruitment?

A couple of players hid in that game 

That wasn’t pretty, it was a 6/10 performance  

It’s not the punters fault is it, but they can only judge on what they see

Clearly a few big attacking players under performing 

Big game on Saturday now, hopefully Paterson has a swift recovery 

2 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Division three, Debbers! 

Still, there's fun to be had. Days out to enjoy. 

Memories to make

They're our Wednesday boys!

Totally agree snoots, blue blood we have come rain or shine, you know your stuff I can see, knowledge of the game and all, you have played at a decent level I know, keep up the good work. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BRUCE LEE said:

A couple of players hid in that game 

Clearly a few big attacking players under performing 

A937FD39-7163-4377-9B6D-4A89F549925E.jpeg

Here you go mate 

Something that’s you might have more of an understanding of 

Have a happy bun off Timmy Mallett and cheer up.  It’s the weekend ❤️

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

A937FD39-7163-4377-9B6D-4A89F549925E.jpeg

Here you go mate 

Something that’s you might have more of an understanding of 

Have a happy bun off Timmy Mallett and cheer up.  It’s the weekend ❤️

I couldn’t be happier to be honest 

Thanks for the condescending reply sweetheart 

35 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Thank you mate

Thought Stockley played well and is massive isn’t he!

Also Sean Clare gave it everything against us today and put himself about and got stuck in

Cheers.

Interesting that you picked out Clare. I like him a lot and he brings the energy we were really lacking last season (the less we see of Ben Watson and his zimmerframe, the better).

He’s not getting too much praise from the home crowd so always interesting to see who leaves an impression with the away fans.

Edited by caz92

Just now, caz92 said:

Cheers.

Interesting that you picked out Clare. I like him a lot and he brings the energy we were really lacking last season (Ben Watson and his zimmerframe).

He’s not getting too much praise from the home crowd so always interesting to see who leaves an impression with the away fans.

He’s obviously one of our old players so we know him well

He isn’t very popular with our fanbase in general but he’s a tidy player on his day and could do really well for you

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop