Lee Gregory

1 minute ago, TbagMcgraw said:

Think Gregory was the 1st player we were linked with this summer, and I hated the thought, especially as I was worried we hadn't learnt anything with our ageing recruitment and that was a taste of things to come.

However, now that we've got energy and legs in the team, the one thing we are missing is a bully up top, and he fits the bill! Wouldn't be against it.

My thoughts exactly. Maybe it won't work out, but Gregory is exactly the type of striker that we need in terms of his strengths and what we're missing from our existing pool of players and their strengths. His appointment would make sense in terms of the balance he offers to the squad.

I think it's testament to the recruitment over the last 3/4 weeks that this signing just makes a lot of sense.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

His fitness record is undefendable and I would be amazed if DM took a chance on

him,  when fit he’s a player and would take league one apart , but you simply can’t rely on him been fit enough 

He loves it here though,  don’t doubt for a second that if we was willing to pay he’d be back like a shot,  wouldn’t surprise me if he asks to train here if he can’t find a club 

I know mate, we just can't be taking chances on injury prone players after what's gone on at the club previously. We need to look elsewhere imo

2 minutes ago, TbagMcgraw said:

Think Gregory was the 1st player we were linked with this summer, and I hated the thought, especially as I was worried we hadn't learnt anything with our ageing recruitment and that was a taste of things to come.

However, now that we've got energy and legs in the team, the one thing we are missing is a bully up top, and he fits the bill! Wouldn't be against it.

Well put, now we have demonstrated a new approach

• Like 1

A good team is greater than the sum of its parts.

I think Lee Gregory would compliment the pace around him. You also need a big experienced lad around these young kids as League One is an unforgiving place at times. 

Hutch and Gregory add a bit of dog to us.

Content with Gregory if true.

Edited by Brad_owl

In League One he'd do a job for us and he's the type of striker we're crying out for. I was against it when he was linked with us in the Championship but circumstances have changed. I think he could do a Neil Mellor type job for us 

1 minute ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

I wonder if Paterson May be off. With Kamberi and possibly Gregory, I’m not sure how he fits in.

Wouldn't surprise me. Decent bloke but nobody knows where to play him. 

Certainly not a striker, scored a few last season but never looked confident in front of  goal and bar a very good strike vs Cardiff, mostly looked clumsy and out of place. 

I don't see where he fits in the team. Shame, because attitude and effort spot on 

14 minutes ago, TbagMcgraw said:

I think whoever we bring in up top needs to be a bit of a bully to give us some physical presence and be a bit of a minder for the younger lads. 

Wasn’t the number 9 I wanted or hoped we would bring in. A goal scorer is what we needed but obviously in the financial position we are in that is proving impossible. If Gregory is someone that can bully defenders, hold the ball up and win headers maybe he is what we need. 

12 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

He's got an owl tattoo in his calf. I'd say he is a big owl. 

Some say it's an owl tattoo, some say it's a blunts tattoo....that needs to be the opening shot on the announcement video to put this debate to rest.😀