Lee Gregory

5 minutes ago, striker said:

Is he though? Follows a lot of people on Twitter, noticed United on his list but didnt see Wednesday? If he was such a huge fan, would have thought he'd be following? 

He's got a conlisio tattoo on his hip. He's an owl. Sources are correct on this one. 

According to his ex team mate, seems conclusive...

"Gregory is a Sheffield boy but it is not the blue side of the steel city that he backs. He is a Blade, supporting the Owls local rivals Sheffield United".

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/03/07/lee-gregory-would-be-perfect-for-sheffield-wednesday-claims-mill/

Source is questionable for transfer rumours,  but as directly quoting a player in interview, more believable.

I may be old fashioned or narrow minded, but doesnt sit well with me. That said, how much of a blunt is debateable, given he turned them down to go to Stoke not long ago.

3 minutes ago, striker said:

"Gregory is a Sheffield boy but it is not the blue side of the steel city that he backs. He is a Blade, supporting the Owls local rivals Sheffield United".

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/03/07/lee-gregory-would-be-perfect-for-sheffield-wednesday-claims-mill/

Source is questionable for transfer rumours,  but as directly quoting a player in interview, more believable.

I may be old fashioned or narrow minded, but doesnt sit well with me. That said, how much of a blunt is debateable, given he turned them down to go to Stoke not long ago.

Thats fabricated. He used to idolise Sibon and Kuqi.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, striker said:

Think it happens all the time in football. A lot of Liverpool players grew up supporting Everton. I think Owen and Carragher did and McManaman.  Though my source being myself may be wrong on that one.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Im almost certain pay as you play deals don't exist. I'm sure they're made up by people desperate to sign players they know will never play through injury but were once good. 

I'm sure I've heard of them being used before but it will never happen with Wickham. He's still a "name". There's teams like Wednesday that won't want to take, but because he is a "name" he'll be a marquee signing for a smaller club. He'll probably find a lower end Championship side on a reduced wage but with performance related bonuses. 

1 minute ago, Kelfin Platz said:

He's a pig with a pig tattoo and I'd rather that wasn't displayed for all to see in the home dressing room.

Many players support other clubs, but at the end of the day their professionals and as long as they do a good job nobody cares. We cant turn down players because their boyhood supporters of someone else , that criteria be would be madness.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Asio otus said:

Many players support other clubs, but at the end of the day their professionals and as long as they do a good job nobody cares. We cant turn down players because their boyhood supporters of someone else , that criteria be would be madness.

OK mate.

3 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

What about if he doesnt ??? There has been a link to him, as there has Gregory. If i had the choice i would have Wickham.

I agree Wickham is the more talented player, but I'm fed up of old crocks and non playing players draining resources. We need bodies capeble of being out on the pitch contributing to getting wins. Unfortunately for Wickham is body just dosent seem to be able to stand up to the rigours of a season.