Lee Gregory

8 minutes ago, Brad_owl said:

A good team is greater than the sum of its parts.

I think Lee Gregory would compliment the pace around him. You also need a big experienced lad around these young kids as League One is an unforgiving place at times. 

Hutch and Gregory add a bit of dog to us.

Content with Gregory if true.

It's funny you should say that.

I was looking at my wife last night as she was getting ready for bed.

If what you say is true, then judging by her size I'd say that me and her must be one of the greatest teams to ever walk the earth.

garymegson

• Haha 2

Guest Therealrealist
31 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

I think we will try and offload him if we can. I’ve thought if for a while. 

He’s on hefty wages...no chance of offloading him

Big trouble if this is our plan.

we were the easiest team in the league to defend against last season. We got marched up the pitch by the opposition defence every game as we didn’t have anyone who had any pace up front aside from Windass who we could box in when needed wide. So defenders just marched us up the pitch, sending Bannan further back to find space so making him much less effective.

a slow lead striker same thing will happen. Defenders and managers in league 1 aren’t silly . 

1 minute ago, mcmigo said:

we were the easiest team in the league to defend against last season. We got marched up the pitch by the opposition defence every game as we didn’t have anyone who had any pace up front aside from Windass who we could box in when needed wide. So defenders just marched us up the pitch, sending Bannan further back to find space so making him much less effective.

a slow lead striker same thing will happen. Defenders and managers in league 1 aren’t silly . 

pace to come from the wide attackers? 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

corbeanu windass and kamberi have pace , Shodipo green Johnson all do

, I don’t think it will be an issue

• Like 3

1 minute ago, mcmigo said:

I disagree, if we've got Shodipo and Corbeanu either side of Gregory no one will want to step up. Bannan and Wing would have a field day the ball in behind.

It’s not just about pace up front tho is it that’s all good but that’s were mistakes can happen and the opposition can break which happened a lot last season. We need someone who can score but can also hold the ball up and bring others into play.

3 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

I mean Fletcher was hardly the quickest when he was leading the line for us. Neither was Hooper. Or Nuhiu.

Don’t agree with you here. We’re essentially going to be playing with three forwards. Pace from the wide areas and a focal point up top to make it stick and bring the midfielders into play. 

I’ve said before. A big reason we went down is because we didn’t have this type of player. Paterson was signed as a target man but it’s completely not his game. Failing to replace the qualities of Fletch and Nuhiu really made us struggle. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Except we now are recruiting rapid wide players to fit the 4-3-3 so will be different animal this year.