“Relegation Candidates”

Points deduction? That’s news to me. 

A lot will depend on our luck with injuries and how our new signings gel but the quality of this league is absolutely dogshite. I’ll be fuming if we are anywhere near relegation with this squad of players.

We should be top half as an absolute minimum, top 6 should be the aim, and if we can finish top 2 even better.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, edinburghowl said:

A lot will depend on our luck with injuries and how our new signings gel but the quality of this league is absolutely dogshite. I’ll be fuming if we are anywhere near relegation with this squad of players.

We should be top half as an absolute minimum, top 6 should be the aim, and if we can finish top 2 even better.

Tbf he does say suspended point deduction. Which if Chansiri messes up again, will always be hovering over us.

2 minutes ago, edinburghowl said:

Their is a suspended points deduction if we decide to not pay player's wages again, which is fair enough. Let's hope it is not a factor. Not sure the article made that really clear. 

Completely agree though - we should be nowhere near the relegation spots. 

Not saying we are going up, but we should be finishing top half at least. 

Don't have a problem with it. It will only take DC to mess up and we will get a points deduction. I get the passion and euphoria on here, I sincerely hope we have really good season but lets not get carried away, its a tough league. Too early to say what will happen and too many factors behind the scenes that could have scupper things. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Give over.

We've got more than enough to finish top half in League One.

Have a day off.

Have your "heard" of all the players our rivals have picked up? I doubt it.

I've not heard of them, no.  Do you know know with certainty how they will gel though?  Can you say for certain we will not get another points deduction? Stranger things have happened. I'm not saying we are certs to go down.  All I'm saying is there are a lot of unknown factors.

• Like 1

Guest Therealrealist
53 minutes ago, Owls77 said:

More reason to prove them all wrong.

Our recruitment has been superb.

Wudnt say superb

1 minute ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

I've not heard of them, no.  Do you know know with certainty how they will gel though?  Can you say for certain we will not get another points deduction? Stranger things have happened. I'm not saying we are certs to go down.  All I'm saying is there are a lot of unknown factors.

I've heard of Hunt, Peacock Farrell.

Tbf, had you heard of Lines, Semedo and Danny Bathh?

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

I've heard of Hunt, Peacock Farrell.

Tbf, had you heard of Lines, Semedo and Danny Bathh?

Yes.  No.  Yes.

Obviously I've heard of Hunt.  Many of the others? Not really.  I mean, the names of some are familiar but I could walk past them in the street and be none the wiser.  Anyone who claims to know anything about them is either football obsessed or lying.  

The only thing they have got right is to point out the ongoing anxiety about what trick DC is going to pull next. I would be very surprised if we don't have at least one more major off field drama this season. He just can't help himself.

As for the recruitment, it's been good considering what have to work with.

Not going up, but not going down either imo. A solid season to regroup, and get ourselves back on track.

I was listening to the not in the top 20 podcast 1-24 preseason preview the other day and they were underwhelmed with our signings and predicted a 10th place finish. They picked Rotherham as champions. when you look at the other teams in the league not many have strengthened apart from Wigan and Ipswich. I don’t look at any of the other league one squads and feel worried. 

seems we are going a little under the radar, I don’t think we are going to walk it or anything but I’d expect us to be challenging at the pointy end of the season. 

• Like 1