“Relegation Candidates”

It took us a season to adjust both times we have been down here before in the last 20 years. Takes a while to get rid of losing mentality. What happens when we concede first ? Will we drop like last season . What will Hutchinson , Bannan, Paterson do differently from a losing position vs last season?

I would bet on us finishing lower mid table, but not quite bad enough to go down unless off field issues beat us up again. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

How many games for Wednesday did Iorfa, Hunt and Peacock Farrell play last season??

The defence this season at best will be a back four of Hunt, Hutch, Iorfa, Palmer. 

Three out of those four were here last year. Yes ok Iorfa was injured so I guess we'll have to pray he stays fit this season. 

5 hours ago, Asio otus said:

Don't have a problem with it. It will only take DC to mess up and we will get a points deduction. I get the passion and euphoria on here, I sincerely hope we have really good season but lets not get carried away, its a tough league. Too early to say what will happen and too many factors behind the scenes that could have scupper things. 

Its not a tough league at all.

Interesting how perspective, spin and agenda can give 2 completely different  views of the same situation. As Owls fans we are desperate for something positive to cling onto after the last 3 or 4 years. Most of us (including me) are willing Moore to be the manager to rebuild our club. Most of us (including me) are fairly positive about our recruitment. However, an alternative view could look at our recruitment like this…

BPF - Third choice at Burnley, not trusted by Bielsa in the championship. (Bielsa seems to know a bit about football).

Brown - Released by Udders (likely to be bottom six in Championship this year). 

Hunt - Released by Brizzle  (likely to be bottom six in Championship this year). 

Adeniran - Released by Everton after being relegated with Wycombe.

Wing - Seemingly not rated by Colin “Drizella” Warnock (also knows a bit about football).

Kamberi - Who? 

Add Green into the mix who we signed when no one else wanted him.

I can’t think of anything negative about Shodipo tbh. 

Probably the truth is somewhere in the middle and we can look forward to a stress free, mid-table season of transition. 

2 hours ago, No Uniform said:

Ironically any communists would say the opposite.

Refusing to accept other communists are proper communists is one of the central tenets of communism though.

I think it's, like, chapter 3 in the Communist Manifesto.  The bit where Marx goes off on a massive tangent about how Engels is a ******** splitter and probably a capitalist running dog to boot.

• Haha 1

if we sign a 20 goal a season striker there is every reason we should be top 6 minimum .  for 1st time in years i have belief in our manager and recruitment . our fans im sure will back us big time. the stale horrible atmosphere is gone 

6 hours ago, Westfield Owl said:

Not a single word in that OP that I disagree with.

Sadly, we're in for another season of sh*t IMO.

Really hope I'm wrong.

How can you be so sure? 

I'm also note sure I completely buy the last sentence tbh.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

How can you be so sure? 

I'm also note sure I completely buy the last sentence tbh.

I mean a few weeks ago you were telling us that promotion was gone if Bannan was sold.

I think the lady doth protest a bit too much.

He could be right or he could be wrong but we will have a clearer idea in 6 weeks, I have no idea what is going to happen or how things will go with Moore, jury is still out for me but I am happy to give him a season to see what he can do. The problem we still have is that we have the same chairman.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1