“Relegation Candidates”

Ben Fisher covers football in south-west England for the Guardian and writes a weekly column on the Football League.

Remember this guy's name. Hope he has a twitter account.

Yeah that's a ridiculous article. If that were written a month ago I'd say it was a fair assessment, but we have recruited well and I just don't see us threatening the drop zone... and had the question been posed a month ago, I would have put money on us finishing in the bottom 6 or 8.

I honestly think even a bad season and we will finish in mid-table obscurity. It would take a heck of a bad bit of team gelling for us to finish below that considering the individual quality of a lot of our players.

• Like 3

I mean i'm a pessimist but even this is pushing it. 

Relegation candidates, ridiculous.

Peacock-Farrell, Hutch, Iorfa, Palmer, Bannan, Windass, Wing, Adeniran and Luongo all Championship quality players.

Crackers, I can only think it was written prior to the last week or so's signings. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Didnt Guardian do an article on Moore and praise our recruitment?

I think our recruitment has been pretty impressive for league one. We have signed an 3 internationals (or soon to be) for starters, albeit for Canada, N.I and Albania, but it’s league one at the end of the day

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, mrgund said:

Ben Fisher covers football in south-west England for the Guardian and writes a weekly column on the Football League.

It reads like he also writes daily on Owlstalk :ph34r:

• Haha 2

Two weeks ago this might have made more sense. We were threadbare and looking at a reliance on throwing too many kids into it with no idea how quickly they would gell or take to first team duties at this level. 

We've added some fair amount of quality since then. Still remains to be seen, but I don't think our defence or midfield indicate a relegation battle. I'd still like another of the wide players we're linked with to come in and of course a centre forward before having the same confidence in the attack, but we're not a million miles away. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mrgund said:

I bet he's not taken any notice of our signings. 

• Like 1