The Wilderless Years

12 minutes ago, SiJ said:

He wanted to keep managing them like the Dog and Duck. 

The days of a manager exerting that much influence are largely gone now. 

Clubs aren't willing to let one man wield quite so much power given how finite a manager's time often is. 

Berge is clearly a good footballer, but he so often looked out of place in that United set up. 

Quite possibly.

I think when McCabe was around Wilder had more of a free reign purely because of what results they were delivering on the pitch, was keeping the fanbase off McSues back and keeping him out of the spotlight for which I think he'll have been very grateful for.

Regarding Berge, I'll be honest I haven't seen anything so far that has justified his price tag.

2 hours ago, Johnny Concrete said:

Quite possibly.

I think when McCabe was around Wilder had more of a free reign purely because of what results they were delivering on the pitch, was keeping the fanbase off McSues back and keeping him out of the spotlight for which I think he'll have been very grateful for.

Regarding Berge, I'll be honest I haven't seen anything so far that has justified his price tag.

Neither have any other clubs which is why him and rams dale are still there. They’ve been sold a few pups ( berge ramsdale mcpubby and the Scouse kid). They can have the agents telling the press everyday that arsenal are bidding, but let’s be honest if arsenal want two United players they would be gone. They’ve got £100 million of used cars that no one wants to buy. Now they have to pay them stupid wages while their value creeps down and down. Beautiful 

• Like 5

Nice to have the thread off to a good start on Saturday. For all their possession they failed to score, again. For all their fight and passion and baldesman culture they failed to score, again. Lovely. 

Really hope they fully implode and are around the bottom of the table for a bit just to see their fans crying for wilder to return. Would absolutely love it if they went down but don't think carlsberg do consecutive seasons. As long as they don't go up or owt I'll be enjoying their troubles. Sick of em, have been for years. I'm gonna take as much delight as I can in their losses.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, latemodelchild said:

Nice to have the thread off to a good start on Saturday. For all their possession they failed to score, again. For all their fight and passion and baldesman culture they failed to score, again. Lovely. 

Really hope they fully implode and are around the bottom of the table for a bit just to see their fans crying for wilder to return. Would absolutely love it if they went down but don't think carlsberg do consecutive seasons. As long as they don't go up or owt I'll be enjoying their troubles. Sick of em, have been for years. I'm gonna take as much delight as I can in their losses.

You never know. Happened to Wolves and Sunderland. 

1 minute ago, latemodelchild said:

Aye, it could happen, but I'm not gonna bank on it in case I jinx it. 

Wishful thinking on my part. The Championship has looked weaker the last couple of years. Struggling to find three decent teams tbh. Fulham and WBA should be up there but other than those two it's gonna be someone average that goes up this year. Just hope it's not pigs or Barnsley. 

1 minute ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

Wishful thinking on my part. The Championship has looked weaker the last couple of years. Struggling to find three decent teams tbh. Fulham and WBA should be up there but other than those two it's gonna be someone average that goes up this year. Just hope it's not pigs or Barnsley. 

I could be wrong, but I think it's quite a good time to get relegated to the Champ atm. 

Quite a lot of teams in the Champ have got naff all money and you've then got these three teams coming down with what would be stronger squads and parachute payments to boot. 

You've got to think that all three of the relegated teams will be challenging and I would expect Bournemouth to be right up there too. Just look at the squad they've got compared to most. 

9 hours ago, Adem Poric said:

Only just realised they lost at home to Birmingham on Saturday. Let me guess, they are all pining for Tuftyball?

Bunch of cunts

Manager looked lost too, looked shīt they did, offerered nothing.

It were great 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's very strange that they haven't bought anyone....stuck with the losing mentality and broken players from last year

If ever a team needed a complete overhaul it was them. I wonder if they are banking on getting cash from England's worst ever goalie and the midfield glacier ....if they don't sell they will just repeat last season, but win a few games where they score first..... lovely, with the wilderness returning calls getting louder

I’m sure I read that they had to bring in £40m in sales this summer to avoid financial problems. They haven’t brought anything in yet, and are probably paying the new boss a good wedge, in addition to paying of wilder and knill.

so can’t see them being in a position to buy unless they sell. I would even go so far as to say only ramsdale and berge are currently saleable. 

No one outside the prem has the money to buy the likes of mcspurnie and the one touch. And no one in the premier will touch last years abysmal failures.

could be in the brown stuff it Arsenal don’t cough up....which Arsenal are probably well aware of.

6 minutes ago, darra said:

Sure they said on Saturday they'd hardly played any pre-season games which if true is strange.

In other news

https://www.sufc.co.uk/news/2021/may/Sheffield-United-sign-principal-partnership-deal-with-Randox/

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-58149951.amp

Yeah their pre season consisted of a game against a pub team from Gibraltar and Donny reserves. Very weird. Hopefully they get off to a crap start and shoes are off in the car park before long

3 hours ago, darra said:

Sure they said on Saturday they'd hardly played any pre-season games which if true is strange.

In other news

https://www.sufc.co.uk/news/2021/may/Sheffield-United-sign-principal-partnership-deal-with-Randox/

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-58149951.amp

Have to get some different glasses thought Radox Muscle soak was sponsoring Ramsdale's back for a moment there.

• Haha 2