The Wilderless Years

One of my piggy mates reckons they will get relegated, same old problem of can't score goals. 

Birmingham are only a strugglers to mid table team, pigs will face tougher opponents than last night. 

Swansea and West Brom away next 2 games. 

Just found this on Twitter

Great to be back in a packed BL, the main thing. The team had an undercooked feel about it, probably understandable. Feel we’re gonna be a slow burner under SJ while he gets established. Didnt get the Sharp sub. Seemed to stifle Brewster who had started brightly.
#SUFCvBCFC #SUFC

Packed? Looked about ¾ full

Brewster started brightly? About time. Think that's 29 games without a goal

Edited by darra

They will still challenge I think, top 6, maybe even top 2.

It's still funny when they lose. Will always have their Tuftyites going forward now as well, makes the job a bit of a poisoned chalice.

Somebody needs to ring Arsenal and all and tell them spending £50m+ on Ramsdale and Berge might not be the smartest move.

1 hour ago, darra said:

Just found this on Twitter

Great to be back in a packed BL, the main thing. The team had an undercooked feel about it, probably understandable. Feel we’re gonna be a slow burner under SJ while he gets established. Didnt get the Sharp sub. Seemed to stifle Brewster who had started brightly.
#SUFCvBCFC #SUFC

Packed? Looked about ¾ full

Brewster started brightly? About time. Think that's 29 games without a goal

Well he was, 3 touches and yellow card in his first 5 minutes is more brightly and then finished with 6 touches and a conversion to the Eagles.

I reckon they'll struggle

Not the first time a team full of players used the to the premier league has come down with big expectations and failed spectacularly.

They're still dealing with the Wilder fallout and will be for a few seasons yet .

I'm not surprised the possession stats were so high, the tactics literally were Norwood coming back so deep he was literally part of a back 3, knock it about amongst the defence for a while before deciding to smash it long out wide into the channels.

They definitely need some new additions, I know a lot of blunts who do not rate Robinson one bit, guess thats why they've been linked to Ben Davies. 

I wouldn't be surprised if they make a move for Ryan Sessegnon either.

14 hours ago, scram said:

But the same tools were quite happy when woeful wilder was performing as bad or worse than any manager ever in the PL

And despite their mumping Slav has 2 promotions to the PL in 3(?) attempts?

He's a good manager but i'm not sure he's right for that backward mob

Wilder has 1 promotion to the PL in two seasons with a very average squad, certainly a smaller budget than Jokanovic had in his promotions.

Wilder is/was perfect for them and their fans. The fall out from him going and now not hitting the ground running under anyone else is entirely predictable.  

27 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Wilder has 1 promotion to the PL in two seasons with a very average squad, certainly a smaller budget than Jokanovic had in his promotions.

Wilder is/was perfect for them and their fans. The fall out from him going and now not hitting the ground running under anyone else is entirely predictable.  

Good mate of mine still obsessed with Wilder.

Perhaps one day he will be back etc.

Won't hear a bad word against the man, despite the fact he clearly threw his toys out the pram and then rinses them for a few million quid.

Just now, SiJ said:

Won't hear a bad word against the man, despite the fact he clearly threw his toys out the pram and then rinses them for a few million quid.

How did he rinse them if that's the contract he signed?

He had a terrible season last season but the season before was the best in a generation and more for that club. Few managers would have got that squad promoted to the Pl in the first place. 

The fractious board divided parts of the club and the new regime pushing out the fans man did nothing to help matters. If they don't start winning soon they will have their backs against the wall. 

5 hours ago, bradowl said:

One of my piggy mates reckons they will get relegated, same old problem of can't score goals. 

Birmingham are only a strugglers to mid table team, pigs will face tougher opponents than last night. 

Swansea and West Brom away next 2 games. 

One can only hope!

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

This will only grow in volume if they don't start to win..... waiting for the 'foreign managers don't understand yoonited' comments to start