The Wilderless Years

9 minutes ago, MSN SYSOP said:

Not 100% sure.....but does mcCabe still own the stadium. If he does I guess he can put on it whatever he wants 

Reports when Prince got control was he had to buy the stadium from McCabe? From what I recall. 

Unless they came to an agreement, which means United don't own the stadium which spells trouble, similar to us currently. 

32 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

I remember last season Kieran Magiure tweeting that the scrubbers had borrowed against next seasons (which is now this seasons) Premier League TV money.

Now they aren’t in the Premier League that can only mean their parachute payments.

They were two banks one was a mortgage From Emirates NBD Bank on 01/07/2020 and another from Macquaire Bank  London who have the premier payments until 2023, someone put the Companies House records up on last seasons thread.

Think the mortgage was paid up by the Macquaire Bank loan because they have the deeds to the properties now.

57 minutes ago, MSN SYSOP said:

If I'm wrong I'm wrong....but why was the blades in uproar about it coming from a member of bin laden family 

Like I said if I'm wrong I'll tip my hat to someone who knows more

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/00061564/charges/YqzKMjxXl-ePDtt0SogEQ2PIQZc

1 hour ago, Skyline said:

Out of interest, I drove past their ground the other day and saw big signs outside about Scarborough Holdings coming soon.

Any idea what that is all about? I thought McCabe had been bough out and nothing to do with them anymore?

He's looking to build apartments near the ground. I think he still owns some of the land around there.

Edited by Johnny Concrete
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Skyline said:

Reports when Prince got control was he had to buy the stadium from McCabe? From what I recall. 

Unless they came to an agreement, which means United don't own the stadium which spells trouble, similar to us currently. 

Pretty sure that’s what all the problems were about. McCabe triggered something to dissolve the partnership that basically meant the Prince had to buy or sell for £5m. If buying the Prince was obligated to buy the stadium as well for £20m or something. But the Prince did some legal manoeuvres with his shareholding companies which meant the stadium buyout was no longer binding and the stadium was his at no extra cost. I think McCabe then took him to court over those manoeuvres about it not being in the spirit of their partnership and he lost.

McCabe got screwed by the Prince and now hopefully the Prince screws the pigs as well.

Edited by Billy Hunt

If I remember correctly. As a result of the court case between bogroll and McCabe, bogroll had to buy the club for £5m but then the ground, hotel training ground etc as well. That was all paid for with a loan secured against future prem money. But it dousent include the land behind the Koh, which McCabe retains and is building student flats on.  This means they will be unable to redevelope the Koh as planned, and may even cause access problems. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Plonk said:

If I remember correctly. As a result of the court case between bogroll and McCabe, bogroll had to buy the club for £5m but then the ground, hotel training ground etc as well. That was all paid for with a loan secured against future prem money. But it dousent include the land behind the Koh, which McCabe retains and is building student flats on.  This means they will be unable to redevelope the Koh as planned, and may even cause access problems. 

This is it I think

They've got the manager to get them up...but I'm not sure they're providing him with the tools to succeed.

He's trying to work with another bloke's team; a team which has had 12 months of losing.

• Like 1

They’ve got 2 strikers in Brewster and McBurnie who should score goals at this level. Thing is the squad is full of players that are more suited to other systems other than the 433 that SJ prefers.

Basically SJ has inherited similar problems to the ones that DM did here but alas he’s been unable to make the changes DM has.

Still think they’ll go straight back up

as defensively they’re pretty strong for the level and that will help them pick up points while SJ tries to solve the problems further up the pitch.

5 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

18 months....

Even longer.

Still would expect then to be in or around the top 6, but they look short in a few areas.

Still think it is madness they've resisted attempts from clubs to buy Ramsdale.

Edited by SiJ

38 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

Two games against mediocre teams, no goals scored, or many chances created... that is their problem

If Swansea hadn't persisted with the strange passing out from the back and trying to not pass a ball further than 5 metres they would have won.

It's two games in, with a new manager, and the transfer window is still open.

I think they'll be top 6 and may even trouble the top two. Their squad is too strong for them not to imo.

But whilst I get the chance I'm gonna wind up my Blade mates because even though they're my mates they're still tosspots of the highest order.

• Haha 1

Us and them are at opposite ends when it comes to the start of the season. We’ve thrown together a squad of players in 2-3 weeks and asking them to put a promotion season together. We’re pretty much the definition of a work in progress and I don’t think we’ll really know about this team until November. If we’re putting enough points on the board to stay in touch with the top 6 before then, that’s a bonus for us.

They know what they are and it’s the same group that had an absolutely rank season last year. They need results early. They need to put a dire relegation behind them, they need to put the losing habit behind them, and they have to do it quickly. Rather than growing into the season, they need to stop a rot setting in.

Personally I still think they’ll be fine, but it’s not hard to envisage things snowballing for them if they don’t start picking up some results. There seems to be a bit of agitation across the board and we’re only 2 games in.

Getting relegated with such a whimper can't help. The sort of the season that can hang over a club for a while.

They've got enough good players to be challenging, but trying to change them from the Wilder team might be easier said than done. 

For me, they seem to lack real pace in the wide areas, which was a key component of Jokanovic's Fulham side. I recall the likes of Fredericks, Malone, Sessegnon etc., causing teams all sorts of problems.