The Wilderless Years

Dem blavdes now trying to rewrite history claiming they only paid £10 m for him. So ignoring that,£18 m buy, selling for £24 m less the apparent 25 per cent sell on and buying QPRs keeper for £6m having already sold him for a million in the first place. 
Great business. 

13 hours ago, scram said:

If arsenal are serious about being anything more than mid table cannon fodder then why are they even interested in him?

The only reason I could think of is they have few strikers who aren't scoring so they'd put him in the net for practice matches to get them scoring and boost their confidence 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

31 minutes ago, Adem Poric said:

If they only paid £10m for him then surely they cant ask for £30m. I get asking high if they paid high but he's utter bobbins so they need to get what they can. 

Yeah but he made some good saves towards the end of the season even though they still lost nearly every game and he got into the England squad (by default because there were literally no other under 30 English PL keepers) but he doesn't want to leave anyway because once a blade always a blade or somesuchbollocks. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, SiJ said:

The fact he's fourth choice is testament to how poor the current pool of goalkeepers is.

And he only got in because I think Pope was injured and Henderson has COVID.

He was actually 5th choice behind Pickford, Pope, Henderson and Johnstone. There aren't many options for us in this position anymore sadly.

34 minutes ago, WatfordOwl said:

Rambo is not for sale according to Jokanovic lol

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58192499

Bizarre.

I could kinda understand Berge, as he should be a standout player at this level.

Rammy just isn't that good. This is a club who've supposedly not got much to spend, but are reluctant to sell a pretty average keeper for say 20 to 30 million.

29 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Bizarre.

I could kinda understand Berge, as he should be a standout player at this level.

Rammy just isn't that good. This is a club who've supposedly not got much to spend, but are reluctant to sell a pretty average keeper for say 20 to 30 million.

Well I suppose they'll try and hold out for more. 

I just find it weird that a club of Arsenal's calibre would be in for him, maybe that's where they are atm as well though.

23 hours ago, scram said:

forget Messi, Ronny etc and the epic cash they can command in fees, rights and wages

This is where football is most broken - over £20m for utter mediocrity like Ramsdale

Complete madness

With no fee to pay Barca, for that £20m they apparently considered spending on Ramsdale they might have actually been able to tempt Messi over on a deal until January.

Pigs doing the old DC ask too much trick. 

This is mental that Arsenal were willing to pay that. If I were them I'd go and get Romero as 2nd choice then use the £20-£25million they save to try and tempt Gueye from PSG or Barella or De Vrij from inter